Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Baseball Classic & Major League Baseball 2023

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Can you PLEASE predict the Rangers to win the World Series? PLEASE? I might even pay you to say it. :lolol:
LOL!

Huge congrats to the D'backs - I really didn't think they had a chance, especially going back to Philly for those last 2 games.

As a Padres fan I will be rooting for Texas :wink: - I just cant support a division rival getting to the big show ahead of us! 😂

Should be a great World Series though, whoever wins - two very deserved teams battling it out.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I honestly can't believe it. 2-0 down with Pfaadt going in game 3? Pfaadt, who had a major problem during the regular season giving up home runs? Who had been sent back down to the minors a couple of times this season? With a bull-pen game lined up for game 4? I was convinced things would get very ugly, very quickly, and we would end up being swept.

That performance in game 3 was sensational - no other word. 5.2 innings, no runs, only 2 hits, no walks and a career-high NINE strike-outs. To do THAT, in THAT situation, was immense. Talk about big heart, hot blood and balls, big balls. He's a superstar in the making. Oh, and then he goes and does what's required tonight, in the D'backs biggest game since World Series Game 7 in 2001. He's a HUGE reason we're going to the World Series.
Absolutely. I've been rooting for the Rangers all post season, i admire that team and the way they play - but it's going to be hard not to will the underdog snakes on. They should never ever be there over the Dodgers, Braves and Phillies!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My phillies gave it all this year but came up short

Great season again.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Congrats to the Dbacks. However I will be rooting for the Rangers as after living in Houston for 3 years ( and being a Braves fan) I had to put up with “the brilliant Astros best team in the world blah blah” except in 2021. Which was nice!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Thanks BBC

up early for work thought would be good to see their coverage which was 'live'. Clicked on the option 'from the start ' they took me straight to the start of the match winning celebrations and hence result spoilt.

Looked a great game though.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Halloween nightmare for Arizona last night through 7 innings. Texas just one win away from a title...

Just watched the highlights and saw this ⬇️ Very touching moment - I didn't realise this was a "thing" in baseball tbh.

As someone who found out just yesterday that my mum has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, and has 6 months max to live, Im not ashamed to say it has brought a tear to my eye watching it this morning 😢

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
37 years I've been avidly following the Rangers since I spent a year in Dallas re-planning it's bus network. All 3 of my sons follow them too and it was sweet to Facetime with two of them tonight to share the incredible moment when we clinched the World Series for the first time in franchise history, We've all been to Detroit, Oakland, Baltimore to see them play persuading my long suffering missus that these were vital parts of Stateside holidays.

So pleased for the veteran Rangers radio announcer Eric Nadel who struggled with anxiety and missed the first half of the season. He was understandably emotional when it finally happened, alongside Matt Hicks and Gerald Sandler, the radio team I've spent so many nights with that they seem like buddies!

A very special day.

PG

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
texas.jpg

Really enjoyed that Series, & Texas were the deserved winners. Congrats @Peter Grummit !
Got to feel for the D'backs though as they had a great run to get there, took game 2 convincingly, & were fighting all the way up until the 7th last night...Maybe next year? @AZ Gull
Right, when does Spring training start? 😜

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Away from the WS...this bit of news that came out overnight about my Padres is a bit of a concern.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I can’t say that I ever like that much that comes out of Texas, including the sports clubs, but as a Giants fan, I’m very happy for Bruce Bochy. Yes, the Rangers spent hugely to win their first title, but as it stands Boch has been to the WS 5 times with 3 different clubs, and has only lost once. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest managers American baseball has seen.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Congratulations to the Texas Rangers.
Won their first ever World Series in 62 year history.

Perhaps they can forget about Game Six in 2011 now

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
FFS. Why did it have to be the Rangers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here