Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Baseball Classic & Major League Baseball 2023

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Let's Go D'Backs! Let's Go D'Backs! Beat LA! Beat LA!

WOW!

D'backs SMASH Clayton Kershaw tonight, scoring six runs and chasing him from the game after he records only ONE out! They add three runs in the second and rout the Dodgers 11-2. Some D'backs hitters had THREE at-bats before the Dodgers' no. 9 hitter had even been to the plate!
Our bats had been stone cold coming into the post-season but we've now scored 22 runs in three play-off games - all on the road. We've hit 8 home runs. Amazing.

6 1/3 strong scoreless innings from starting pitcher Merrill Kelly. Coming into this game he had started 16 games against the Dodgers and had a terrible record of 0 wins and 11 losses; that monkey is well-and-truly off his back. Our ace Zac Gallen goes on Monday.

Game 3 is at Chase Field on Wednesday evening, and I've got a ticket. Can't bloody wait!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Let's Go D'Backs! Let's Go D'Backs!

Incredible! D'backs jump on Dodgers' rookie starting pitcher Bobby Miller straight out the gates and get off to another early lead, this time scoring three in the first. Miller only lasts 1 2/3 innings. D'backs ace Zac Gallen pitches five strong innings.
Things get a bit hairy in the sixth; Gallen leaves with one out but two men on. A walk loads the bases and then a run scores but the bullpen get a strike-out and a ground-out to limit the damage. A couple of double-plays in the 7th and 8th, and a stress-free 9th, and D'backs get the win 4-2.

D'backs have won all four of their play-off games, on the road, against division winners. Absolutely mental.

When I bought my ticket to game three I couldn't have dared hope that the D'backs would actually be in with a chance of the sweep. The game is a sell-out on Wednesday and Chase Field will be rocking. Bring. It. On.!!!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Let's Go D'Backs! Let's Go D'Backs!

Incredible! D'backs jump on Dodgers' rookie starting pitcher Bobby Miller straight out the gates and get off to another early lead, this time scoring three in the first. Miller only lasts 1 2/3 innings. D'backs ace Zac Gallen pitches five strong innings.
Things get a bit hairy in the sixth; Gallen leaves with one out but two men on. A walk loads the bases and then a run scores but the bullpen get a strike-out and a ground-out to limit the damage. A couple of double-plays in the 7th and 8th, and a stress-free 9th, and D'backs get the win 4-2.

D'backs have won all four of their play-off games, on the road, against division winners. Absolutely mental.

When I bought my ticket to game three I couldn't have dared hope that the D'backs would actually be in with a chance of the sweep. The game is a sell-out on Wednesday and Chase Field will be rocking. Bring. It. On.!!!
Looking forward to watching the highlights when you send LA packing tomorrow night!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Looking forward to watching the highlights when you send LA packing tomorrow night!
I'm certainly full of excitement for the game, and I'll enjoy the occasion to the max (D'Backs fans don't get to experience these scenarios very often!) but I'll attend in hope rather than expectation. We've got rookie Brandon Pfaadt on the mound and this will be unlike anything he has ever experienced. He started game one against Milwaukee and gave up three runs and was pulled after just 2 2/3.

I'm sure manager Torey Lovullo will have a VERY short leash - it could be an even shorter start than the Brewers game if he gets into trouble. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a bit of a runfest for both sides.

IF the D'backs can prevail over the Dodgers it will be only their third-ever appearance in the NLCS. I intend to soak up the atmosphere, embrace the chaos and whatever will be will be (and, of course, if they don't win on Wednesday they will still have two further shots at it).

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Frustrated Los Angeles Dodgers GIF by MLB
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im no Phillies fan - but hats off to the way they seem to hit top form in October.
Harper and Castellanos got it done on a wild night in Philly against Atlanta. One of the few ballparks I would not want to play at in the playoffs with that atmosphere.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh my goodness, WHAT a night at Chase Field. That is going to live long in the memory.

Because Phoenix is still a young city, lots of residents have moved here from other locations. It isn't unusual that at sporting events here, the fans supporting the away team can often outnumber the home fans. I was a bit concerned at how many Dodgers fans there would be last night, but the place was overwhelmingly D'backs fans and the stadium was bouncing from well before first pitch.

Four solo BOMBS in the 3rd inning - the first time a team has ever hit four home runs in an inning in the post-season - and Chase Field absolutely erupted.

This wasn't just beating the Dodgers - the D'backs outplayed them in the series in every facet of the game. None of the LA starting pitchers made it through three innings; Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman, genuinely two of the best hitters in the game and earning $47m this season between them, went 1-21 in this series.

Superb stuff.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
ghpzo2nvskhgiqade23j.jpg

Going to be a couple of great series.
My money is on Philly in the NLCS (sorry @AZ Gull )! and I would love to see the Rangers bring down the Astros in the ALCS Texas Shootout, but feel that Houston may make it a repeat of 2022....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Phillies were ruthless last night. Not much between the sides or the pitchers, but when Strider went to his fast ball in a couple of key pitches, he got picked off. It could have been different had the Braves batter got another 10 feet on his slug with the bases loaded in the 7th.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Tough night for Gallen and the D'Backs in Philly - good fight back though, even if they came up short in game 1. Will be hard to get anything out of the series at Citizens Bank I reckon, especially with the Phillies on fire right now, but anything can happen in the playoffs.

Texas taking a 2 game lead across State is a bit of a surprise - but not unwelcome! I just cant warm to the Astros at all.
The Rangers needed that early lead last night though as you feel that Houston could still claw the series back quite easily.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tough night for Gallen and the D'Backs in Philly - good fight back though, even if they came up short in game 1. Will be hard to get anything out of the series at Citizens Bank I reckon, especially with the Phillies on fire right now, but anything can happen in the playoffs.

Texas taking a 2 game lead across State is a bit of a surprise - but not unwelcome! I just cant warm to the Astros at all.
The Rangers needed that early lead last night though as you feel that Houston could still claw the series back quite easily.
I dislike the Rangers, but the Astros only have themselves to blame really. They were 4-0 and 5-1 down in no time and at 5-2 around half way through they had the bases loaded, no outs and their best two batters coming to the plate in succession - didn't score a run. Given they lost 5-4 as the weak Rangers bullpen was asked to come into the game from the 7th onwards, that proved VERY costly.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Good walk off win for the D'backs last night to keep the series alive vs Philly.
Unfortunately looks like like the tide is turning in the all Texas affair, with Houston now taking solid back to back wins.
Nice to see both series being competitive though, and not totally one sided.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
D-backs put to the sword by the phillies yesterday.

2 home games to come and we will be in the WSF.

RING THE BELL

IMG_0163.jpeg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Rangers take it to Game 7!
Garcia the first player ever to have 4K's & 4 RBIs in a game with that grand slam 😁

Going to be a great "winner takes all" final game of the series.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Texas goes to the World Series! Dominated the Astros last night & deservedly took the ALCS.

Arizona staying alive with a great win at Citizens Bank too. Completely took the crowd out of the game with the B2B homers in the 2nd, and didn't look back. On to Game 7!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Many congrats, fantastic couple of games to decide it. Holy Pfaadt!
I honestly can't believe it. 2-0 down with Pfaadt going in game 3? Pfaadt, who had a major problem during the regular season giving up home runs? Who had been sent back down to the minors a couple of times this season? With a bull-pen game lined up for game 4? I was convinced things would get very ugly, very quickly, and we would end up being swept.

That performance in game 3 was sensational - no other word. 5.2 innings, no runs, only 2 hits, no walks and a career-high NINE strike-outs. To do THAT, in THAT situation, was immense. Talk about big heart, hot blood and balls, big balls. He's a superstar in the making. Oh, and then he goes and does what's required tonight, in the D'backs biggest game since World Series Game 7 in 2001. He's a HUGE reason we're going to the World Series.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Going to be a couple of great series.
My money is on Philly in the NLCS (sorry @AZ Gull )! and I would love to see the Rangers bring down the Astros in the ALCS Texas Shootout, but feel that Houston may make it a repeat of 2022....

Can you PLEASE predict the Rangers to win the World Series? PLEASE? I might even pay you to say it. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here