Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Over the line by a hair's breadth, not even millimetres.

Interesting that goal line technology is black or white, but can it really be ThAT precise?

In the old days it's a miss and in the very old days gentlemen would probably agree that it be retaken. Indeed, you wonder whether Corinthian Casuals vs Royal Engineers ever had a penalty shootout, or the like.

Rapinoe's miss was key. The legend blots her copybook. Not the first.
How far back are you going fro that to be a miss? Pretty certain in the 45 years I've been watching the Albion, penalties that go in off the keeper have always been a goal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Thought that was a bit bizarre because if they have GLT then the ref should have had an immediate signal to her watch confirming it was over the line.
The linesman reacted straight away to her watch going off, so I was a bit confused as to why the referee seemed so uncertain.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Walsh back for England as they face Nigeria this morning in the knock out stages. Come on England!!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Nigeria have nothing to lose and are definitely not looking overawed by facing England and giving us some problems. If the team didn't know that they needed to be at their best, they do now. Need to do better keeping the ball and not giving it away cheaply

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Commentary is behind the action
Ahead on my TV. Logically, commentary is always behind the action. It’s fractional but noticeable on key moments. You don’t shout that the keeper’s made a great save, for instance, just as she touches it.

*That Nigeria save sounded about right so it’s possible they’ve now addressed the problem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The commentary is annoyingly out of sync, unless Robyn Cowen can see into the future. Calling shots and saves before they happen.
I was noticing the same. Takes me back to when sky commentaries were so bad you had to turn the sound down and put Alan Green on.

Ooh, penalty.

With the greatest respect to the achievement of the women's soccer team, at times it's like watching schoolboy football where everyone runs towards the ball. That incident just now with 16 players in the box was crazy

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Very reminiscent of when the men undeservedly beat Cameroon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here