Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Caught the highlights and noticed the ref was announcing the VAR decision to the stadium. Is that the case for the whole competition? Is it a trial? I think VAR definitely needs more stadium interaction but I’m not sure that’s the answer

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Caught the highlights and noticed the ref was announcing the VAR decision to the stadium. Is that the case for the whole competition? Is it a trial? I think VAR definitely needs more stadium interaction but I’m not sure that’s the answer
Yes refs tell the stadium the VAR decision but seems pointless as they don't explain how/why it was made so really not much use.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Japanese ladies will be up with the favourites, play very well.
Portugese women cpnsrantly foul and fall over !

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
What a World Cup this is turning out to be! The group stages are now over - USA saved by the post and Canada, Italy, Brazil and now Germany out!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Remarkable really to think that Morocco who lost 6-0 to Germany in their opening game end up qualifying 2 points above them.

With Brazil exiting yesterday and Germany today, the QF opponent for England should they progress will be Colombia or Jamaica.

With the likes of Japan, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden and the US on the other half of the draw and at least one of Australia and France guaranteed to not make the SF, it can't be denied that the draw has certainly opened up for England in a way that few if any would've expected.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Penalty shootout decided with VAR and goalline technology. Just when you think you have seen everything...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Over the line by a hair's breadth, not even millimetres.

Interesting that goal line technology is black or white, but can it really be ThAT precise?

In the old days it's a miss and in the very old days gentlemen would probably agree that it be retaken. Indeed, you wonder whether Corinthian Casuals vs Royal Engineers ever had a penalty shootout, or the like.

Rapinoe's miss was key. The legend blots her copybook. Not the first.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sweden only had 1 shot on target in 2 hours of football.

The US had so many chances. But they blew it big time. You've got to make the keeper save it in a shootout. Hit the target.

It matters not. With their superior movement and finishing, Japan won't be losing any sleep before the QF.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sweden only had 1 shot on target in 2 hours of football.

The US had so many chances. But they blew it big time.
Potter-ball vs Hughton-ball?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here