Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's Euro 2022 Final- England v Germany 31.07.2022- OFFICIAL THREAD

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's so refreshing to see the players speaking so openly in their post match interviews.

None of it sounds like they've had any media training and I love it

Exactly what I was saying, great to see them just saying how they feel in interviews. Proper emotions coming out too. A total breath of fresh air.

Count me in as another who is a huge fan of Ian Wright too, not afraid to speak his mind and everything he’s said tonight is spot on.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed it over here watching with wife, daughter and 9yr old granddaughter who has started playing football in the last few months.

The first England goal was excellent!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's so refreshing to see the players speaking so openly in their post match interviews.

None of it sounds like they've had any media training and I love it

Indeed from the heart...

Thoroughly deserved winners!!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I dread to think what would have happened if Danny Seagull was still on here when that winner hit the net and the sports bra was flashed! :mad:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting comment from Alex Scott calling out the clubs that turned down hosting stadiums when approached in 2018. Makes me all the more pleased that Brighton were one of the clubs that said yes.

I was hoping for a moment that she might have mentioned Southampton, United and us for having the conviction to back them but at the end of the day it doesn't matter :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting comment from Alex Scott calling out the clubs that turned down hosting stadiums when approached in 2018. Makes me all the more pleased that Brighton were one of the clubs that said yes.

Was never in doubt that we’d say yes. I bet Tony was on the phone offering The Amex as a venue as soon as it was announced England would be bidding to host the tournament. Look at what he’s invested into the new facilities at Lancing for the womens teams to train in. He’s fully on board developing their game.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wow... what a tournament, what a journey, what a final.

Impossible to pick out just one England player of the tournament but Mary Earps and Milly Bright were just immense :bowdown:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Chloe Kelly did what Brandi Chastain did in 1999 after her winning penalty for the USA in the WWC Final.

Expect an iconic photo in tomorrow's papers and a future endorsement with Nike for their sports bras.

View attachment 150478

[TWEET]1553808738217209856[/TWEET]

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a night the girls are going to have! The drinks bill is going to be as impressive as the attendances!

Enjoy yourselves. You are now part of sporting immortality and nothing can ever take that away from you! :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
100% THIS!

Would I want to take my two kids aged 11 and 12 to Wembley when England men are playing? Not a chance these days.

Would I take them to an England women's game? Absolutely.
Most England games at Wembley pass without incident, tournament football brings out some of the worst dregs of the nation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here