[Football] Women's Euro 2022 Final- England v Germany 31.07.2022- OFFICIAL THREAD

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Super proud and quite emotional by the end... this team have been inspirational throughout this tournament, with attacking football, desire, an obvious love of the game... encapsulated during the scenes at the end of the final.

They love the game, each other... not their wallets, sponsorship agreements and agents... ahem... it’s sooooo refreshing.

When compared to the men’s team... Grealish, Foden urghhhh God no wonder I can’t follow them anymore, abhorrent ‘pop star’ millionaires who should be working a back shift at ****ing KFC.

Well done to this England team, our England team and one far more reflective and representative of normal people.

My 8 year old son was/is enraptured... far more than I’ve seen in him when watching Garethball going sideways for hours on end with a bunch of unlikable ‘stars’ who clearly care more about their image rights than playing for their God Damn country.

I watched as many games as I could btw, loved every moment ... it’s been such a brilliant advert for the game ... here’s hoping we see the WSL prioritised more and more clubs like ours putting the ladies team on an almost equal footing in terms of coverage and content... another reason to be proud of our club :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well they seem to have bought it home.Take a look Southgate.

Only Fabio Capello (66.7%) and Sam Alardyce (100%) have had better results than Southgate (62.2%) since Alf Ramsey (61.1%) was manager.

Also, well done, Lionesses!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Getting sick to death of all these pious comments looking down on the mens game. Let's be honest, every single one of the women's team would swap places with the money and acclaim the men get.

Why can't people just enjoy the moment. Treat them as two different sports because that's effectively what they are.

Just to add, fantastic and emotional achievement. Bring on the World Cup in 2023.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Interesting comment from Alex Scott calling out the clubs that turned down hosting stadiums when approached in 2018. Makes me all the more pleased that Brighton were one of the clubs that said yes.
I must have missed that. Did she actually name them or was she just making a general point?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Getting sick to death of all these pious comments looking down on the mens game. Let's be honest, every single one of the women's team would swap places with the money and acclaim the men get.

Why can't people just enjoy the moment. Treat them as two different sports because that's effectively what they are.

It’s still football though. Bucket loads of passion and attacking football…which is very much missing from the mens game.

Thoroughly enjoyed the tournament including the non England games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
80,000 happy folk, seemingly not a coked up chav in sight, trying to ruin it.

Didn’t spot anyone with a flare shoved up their arse either!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Getting sick to death of all these pious comments looking down on the mens game.

schelo.jpg

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

It’s professional elite football. The timeline in professionalism is different (FA/men) but the sport is exactly the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was never in doubt that we’d say yes. I bet Tony was on the phone offering The Amex as a venue as soon as it was announced England would be bidding to host the tournament. Look at what he’s invested into the new facilities at Lancing for the womens teams to train in. He’s fully on board developing their game.

We’d already hosted the Rugby World Cup, so I agree with you.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

True but I have no interest in the mens England team. Especially now I see the players close up at the Amex and realise in person what a totally un- likeable bunch they are. I think the rot started when Rooney was critical of the fans using their own money and savings to travel South Africa for booing, after being served up the most passionless steaming turd of a performance.

I have watch every game of this tournament and loved every minute.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not a brilliant game but very worthy tournament winners, great for wimmin firstly and the nation as a whole. In terms of time wasting and into the corner though that was a painful 10 minutes and started earlier than any game I have ever seen. So to say the women's game is oh so uncynical (?) and gamesmanship free compared to the men is bobbins if you ask me!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s still football though. Bucket loads of passion and attacking football…which is very much missing from the mens game.

Thoroughly enjoyed the tournament including the non England games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s simply not true.

Sky wouldn’t be paying mega billions for passion-free football nor us turning up for it. Think Maupay or Knocky winding up the Palace or the 90 minutes of non stop effort and organisation from us away at Spurs. Mersey derbys. Title deciders.

There have been over 1000 goals in each of the last six Premier League seasons and the highest goal average per season was 2018-19.

Yes, England scored 8 in one game but against a team with a worse defence than the Birmingham Six. You won’t see many 8-0s in men’s tournament football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Just to add, fantastic and emotional achievement. Bring on the World Cup in 2023.

Glad you added that edit drew because without it you were coming across as a firework pisser ! Doesn't stop me from disagreeing with you though . I can remember plenty of threads on here talking about the women's game which have been interrupted by comments such as what a load of sh*t and who gives a damn . So what about it if this time the boot is on the other foot , let us not forget the years in which women were barred from playing the game we love and the struggle to raise interest and standards starting again from scratch .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Getting sick to death of all these pious comments looking down on the mens game.

Doesn’t do the elite mens game any harm at all to have a mirror held up to it every once in a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports