Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He wont go to a tinpot club like Wolves. They look odds on to go down and statisticaly a new manager does not turn it around on average. We are 2 points of the play-offs, unbeaten in the league this year with some quality loan signings.

It definitely would be a step down.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
it would have to be Curbishley, played for the club, did fantastic for charlton and did FANTASTIC FOR WEST HAM, leaving them in the top ten and winning his case for constructive dismissal because that Icelandic egghead berk was selling players from under him without his say so.

Been out the game but Curbishley has been a massive success everywhere he has been.

I think Wolves think they are going down and Curbishley did not fancy the job.

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2011-2012 Home - statto.com

Looking at their difficult fixtures, I would imagine that they might get another 9 points maximum whoever was their Manager. Is 30 points enough for safety? I am sure Gus can analyse the situation.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor has retweeted his Reading counterpart, saying Wolves have interviewed Brian McDermott

http://twitter.com/#!/andynaylorargus

Jonny Fordham [MENTION=17132]jonny[/MENTION]Fordham

Understand McDermott met with #Wolves tonight over job. Due to meet AZ 2moro who is keen to keep him. More on @getreading soon #readingfc
Retweeted by Andy Naylor

Who is AZ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Word (on Twitter where this rumour started) is that Reading's Brian McDermott is talking to Wolves tonight

edit - beat me to it by a few seconds Wardy - at least I beat the OP by a day or so :lol:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He wont go to a tinpot club like Wolves. They look odds on to go down and statisticaly a new manager does not turn it around on average. We are 2 points of the play-offs, unbeaten in the league this year with some quality loan signings.

It definitely would be a step down.

Even if gus went and Wolves went down, he would have a massive budget to get back up again. A lot more than he would get here. If he is offered the job he will take it

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
it would have to be Curbishley, played for the club, did fantastic for charlton and did FANTASTIC FOR WEST HAM, leaving them in the top ten and winning his case for constructive dismissal because that Icelandic egghead berk was selling players from under him without his say so.

Been out the game but Curbishley has been a massive success everywhere he has been.

So good clubs are falling over themselves to get to him, hardly. Don't agree - I know West ham fans, who feel he blew the Icelandic money on players like Lundberg, Boa Morte, Callum Davenport with the money he had what did he win? He left when they started to sell players...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Word (on Twitter where this rumour started) is that Reading's Brian McDermott is talking to Wolves tonight

edit - beat me to it by a few seconds Wardy - at least I beat the OP by a day or so :lol:

Can't see it. Reading have new investment and are looking good for Promotion. Would be a big step backwards

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So good clubs are falling over themselves to get to him, hardly. Don't agree - I know West ham fans, who feel he blew the Icelandic money on players like Lundberg, Boa Morte, Callum Davenport with the money he had what did he win? He left when they started to sell players...

That just isn't true, Curbishley kept them up then took them towards top ten, when he resigned, because his team was being flogged from under him, Since when have West Ham been in a better position than when curbishly left?????..... they haven't.

I read a statement from the West ham supporters club wishing him well for the Wolves interview and siging his praises. You may not like him, and he has been out the game a while, his record speaks for itself

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That just isn't true, Curbishley kept them up then took them towards top ten, when he resigned..... I read a statement from the West ham supporters club wishing him well for the Wolves interview and siging his praises. You may not like him, and he has been out the game a while, his record speaks for itself

Not that I don't like him, just want better. Guess we beg to differ. Of course if Gus does ever leave, I would be happy for Curbs to take us up!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Latest:

Now favourite at 2/1

Attachments

• gustowolveslatest.png
    gustowolveslatest.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 120

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Even if gus went and Wolves went down, he would have a massive budget to get back up again. A lot more than he would get here. If he is offered the job he will take it

That depends on wolves staying up and us not going up. Wolves are a joke club, I can remember them tumbling down the league with 3 consecutive relegations They are not even biggest in the midlands, behind villa, birmigham and west brom in acheivement.

It would be a gamble and a bad one.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
IF and im only saying IF Gus was to leave now, I would waste no time at all and get either Curbishley(ex player) or Billy Davies in asap...Davies done a great job at Preston, got Derby to the prem and Forest(look at them now) to the play offs last two seasons, cant believe he is out of work tbh.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That depends on wolves staying up and us not going up. Wolves are a joke club, I can remember them tumbling down the league with 3 consecutive relegations They are not even biggest in the midlands, behind villa, birmigham and west brom in acheivement.

It would be a gamble and a bad one.

Wolves though have money and are as big or bigger than us, and I suspect Gus's constant press whoring to talk himself up into a top job may require another stepping stone to get there. Keep Wolves up, get them mid table, then he can get the job he so publicly covets with a top ten team.

Wolves go down with parachute payment and he will have just as much chance if not more with them than us, hell he might even recall Vokes!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
IF and im only saying IF Gus was to leave now, I would waste no time at all and get either Curbishley(ex player) or Billy Davies in asap...Davies done a great job at Preston, got Derby to the prem and Forest(look at them now) to the play offs last two seasons, cant believe he is out of work tbh.

this, both cracking and realistic candidates

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
One thing I would say to try and reassure myself and others is that we were favourites with some bookies to sign Michael Owen in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here