Wolves Fans First Class Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Whats your problems? start-a-fight-in-an-empty-room types it seems

With respect, it was HKFC that begun the traditional binfest.

This WAS a thread talking about giving credit where it's due to the Wolves fans, who, as others had said most were expecting trouble from, but actually put more passion and humility in their teams performance than many other so called "big" clubs.

A couple of unnecessary comments later from someone who has a responsibility to moderate this forum and all of a sudden it becomes hijacked into the usual rubbish.

It's very unfortunate that HKFC has a knack of rubbing people up the wrong way every now and then especially as 9/10 posts he makes make a lot of sense. However, he was in the wrong this time.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
All the Wolves fans we spoke to yesterday were top class & a real credit to their club. All of them wished us good luck in the play-offs.
After all the scare-mongering around before the game, the only people that should have been arrested were their players.

I think it helped too that we never gave them any grief about going down. Both sets of fans acted with class and that really helped for a bit of a party atmosphere.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Wolves fans were great...loved their self depecation about going to Shrewsbury...well behaved and had a right dig at 'O Hara( I think)........'£40,000 a week,your having a laugh'...O Hara gave them the thumbs up...(as if to say...yes and you suckers are paying for it)from there on they booed him and at the end of the match O Hara stormed offdown the tunnel. Well done Wolves fans... very impressed.

Talking to a few Wolves fans at the station and you are correct with the O'Hara situation they loathe him. He seems to give the impression that he is far to good to be at the club in their position and will just leave to join a bigger club next season. Talked about all the troubles we have been through and what they are going through now shook hands and wished each others clubs all the best in the coming seasons. Great fans and will look to see how they turn it around next season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This WAS a thread talking about giving credit where it's due to the Wolves fans, who, as others had said most were expecting trouble from, but actually put more passion and humility in their teams performance than many other so called "big" clubs.

A couple of unnecessary comments later from someone who has a responsibility to moderate this forum and all of a sudden it becomes hijacked into the usual rubbish.

It's very unfortunate that HKFC has a knack of rubbing people up the wrong way every now and then especially as 9/10 posts he makes make a lot of sense. However, he was in the wrong this time.

Sorry, but that's really not the case. Read through again, looking at WHAT is posted, and ignoring WHO has posted it. Nothing wrong at all, other than holding a differing view. That is still allowed, mod or otherwise.

As it goes, and as I've already clarified, I agree that their fans were great, I just don't go with the concept that they 'don't deserve to be in league one'.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Sorry, but that's really not the case. Read through again, looking at WHAT is posted, and ignoring WHO has posted it. Nothing wrong at all, other than holding a differing view. That is still allowed, mod or otherwise.

As it goes, and as I've already clrarified, I agree that their fans were great, I just don't go with the concept that they 'don't deserve to be in league one'.

Oh, do shut up! This thread isn't about you.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Most people voted for Wolves & Blackburn in the 'Who do you want to go down' poll.
Now, because their fans were nice, it's a crime to say that they deserve to be in League 1? They were shite all season and were rightly relegated.
They'll be back.
If US was annoyed by Hans, then he would have said so. Reminds me a lot of the Ladygull situation, with a certain few leaping in to defend that which need not be defended.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

As it goes, and as I've already clarified, I agree that their fans were great, I just don't go with the concept that they 'don't deserve to be in league one'.

I don't think anyone would actually argue with you that they deserve to go down. I think people sometimes say things they don't mean literally and you took it as literal. For me it seemed wistful, wow, it's quite an amazing a club like that has dropped. It's just one of those throw away remarks people make sometimes, especially when being nice to others. To me, it was a case of, oh leave off, you know he's not serious, but perhaps you did think he was. Obviously when things are written down in text they can be interpreted differently :)

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Met and chatted to a few Wolves fans before the game, seemed a sound bunch who all genuinely hoped we'd go up. Shocking display by most of their players, they need a squad of Stephen Hunts (no, that's not rhyming slang)

WeTheSouthStand

Apr 6, 2013
Peacehaven
One of the best sets of fans I've seen at the Amex so far, hats off to them and good luck next year, a credit to their club!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Can't agree with that I'm afraid.

He said nothing nasty or aggressive, just disagreed with someones point of view. Binfest started by the others.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
After last Week at Wolves, I guess they weren't taking chances. Agree, the Wolves fans were fine.

Regarding the Policing today: Why were South Wales Heddlu on duty at the Amex? WTF was that all about? In these times of cost cutting, surely that isn't efficient? Not that the Boyos from the Valleys would be too upset at having a jolly awayday to Sussex with a nice wad of O/T thrown in?

Any of our resident Police on here have an explanation as to why they were here? I won't suffer sleepless nights if I don't find out - Just curious.

Sussex Police don't have a mounted unit any more, so when it's deemed that horses are a requirement, they borrow them from other forces. Perhaps the Welsh were the cheapest, or Hampshire's were busy.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Here we go another happy clappy thread. Get a grip.

Every team in that situation would react in the same way. We did the same and continously through he dark days and remember how amazing the Stoke fans were in 89 when relegated and sang as loud as youd ever heard for 90 mins at the goldstone. The fact they won 3 nil then charged the pitch and threw coins at the north stand took the shine off it somewhat though.

Oh yes as were constantly meant to abuse and beat up the away fans. There was the typical chants from the North that they were going down, including the lovely "Crawley on a Tuesday night" - wasnt all happy clappy.

Its more they actually gave respect to the club when they didnt really need to.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really. Their fans were great today, but no doubt the Peterborough fans were great at Palace, too. Someone has to get relegated.

If anything, the Wolves fans who hounded out McCarthy, because they were 17th in the Premier League, deserve it more than most.
I think that's a valid opinion, expressed in a non-confrontational manner and I agree. Consequently I can't understand why you're getting the abuse you are.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sussex Police don't have a mounted unit any more, so when it's deemed that horses are a requirement, they borrow them from other forces. Perhaps the Welsh were the cheapest, or Hampshire's were busy.

Would I be right in thinking that, if we go up, Sussex Police may have to rethink the disbanding of the mounted police issue? I was under the impression dobbins are a requirement at PL fixtures?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports