Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves fan in West Lower

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Did he bother you at all? Was he unpleasant and abusive? If not, what difference did it make. He could have been with a couple of Albion (Brighton variety) mates and thought he would show a bit of loyalty to the team he supports.

All in all though it depends on the circumstances. As you say, if he kept a low profile and didn't upset anyone then no harm done and no problem.
:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An interesting quote from that forum:

'Brighton are no great side either. Couldn't beat PNE at the weekend and lost to Brentford.'

Yes I'll judge a team on 2 poor results I've picked on from 13 games :lol:

Wolves must be one of the worst teams in the division then, they lost 0-4 at HOME to Barnsley! We should have steamrollered them 6-0 :smile:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Doesn't bother me. Segregation is a new fangled thing anyway. In the old days everybody mixed in together and many swapped ends at half time.

The Civil Rights struggle of the 60s clearly passed you by...

drinking fountain.jpg

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He looked like Catweazle and he was acting like he was off his face. Was bellowing at the Wolves players to acknowledge their fans. Funny.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For some reason, if he was causing no bother, I really don't care two hoots. Perhaps I've spent too long watching Rugby with the grown ups.

Last edited:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
For some reason, if he was causing no bother, I am really don't care two hoots. Perhaps I've spent too long watching Rugby with the grown ups.

This^

It is fun to watch other sports with the opposition fans mixed in. I don't see why it can't be true in football. I think segregation and "them vs us" attitude it engenders is half the cause of any problems. General morons are the other half.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Absolutely no harm in it whatsoever, as long as he wasn't behaving like a div.

They don't have segregation in American ballparks. I sat amongst the NY Mets fans in my Twins shirt, and I didn't even get shot at once. No wonder we're not even allowed BEER in our seats when some fans over here get all UPPITY just because a supporter of the opposition is (shock-horror) sitting amongst us. Whats the problem ? Isn't it simply a case of behaving like an ADULT ?

Its actually a good opportunity to have a chat with an opposition fan to learn a bit about his team and some of his players.

What has a football match in England got in comparison with an American ball park ?
It sounds like you are still in holiday mode and it is becoming boring.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rugby has it right.

Segregation normally occurs in the event of potential sell out crowds. Simply to ensure fair allocation. Away teams are given blocks of tickets normally, simply so that groups can sit together to create atmosphere. However, if it's not a sell out, you can go with the home supporters.

The only time I have seen any issues, and there was no antipathy or violence involved towards away supporters, was in a European quarter final when Munster practically took over The Stoop when we were the home side. They were great supporters but something had clearly gone wrong as some home fans couldn't get tickets despite a 'purchase history' rule. The anger and resentment was towards those who had sold tickets on. But Munster are Irish and their fans always find a way.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't have a problem with away fans in opposing ends so long as there is no aggressive conflict from that person. I don't think it appropriate to wear club colours though.

Clubs actively try and promote friendship between fans now by having these half and half scarves, although that is seen more in Champions League or International matches.

The Newcastle v Brighton match at St James' Park I was in the Newcastle end and it was obvious who I was cheering for to everyone around me. I didn't have any issues. Although not sure how it would have went if Brighton had actually scored

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
WSL or WSU?

I saw a very similar man in a very similar scarf in the West Upper by pie and pint. And those photos seem to be from in or near the press area / 1901? Maybe someone who had access all areas rights? An old player of theirs or something? Or maybe there's THREE of them and they're CLONES :mad:

Or there was a typo in the thread title. Anyway, I just about managed not to give him a good besmirching.

WSL block J

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He may well be living locally, may even watch Albion more times than Wolves. There are a lot of people in the area who still have their 'home' team in their hearts. I think it's fine to mix as long as you respect where you are and not draw attention by loudly cheering your team.

Some years ago I watched Albion at Aldershot in the FA Cup. Tickets were hard to come by but a locally based relative got tickets in the home main stand. I had my kids, he had his 2 who were attending their 1st ever match and would have been under 10s. naturally we cheered when Albion scored (not over the top) but some old pensioner bellowed to the steward to have us all thrown out. This was so distressing to our youngsters who were scared to move for the rest of the game. Fortunately others around us were more sensible and so was the steward and we were left to our seats. (Albion won 6-2!)

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely no harm in it whatsoever, as long as he wasn't behaving like a div.

They don't have segregation in American ballparks. I sat amongst the NY Mets fans in my Twins shirt, and I didn't even get shot at once. No wonder we're not even allowed BEER in our seats when some fans over here get all UPPITY just because a supporter of the opposition is (shock-horror) sitting amongst us. Whats the problem ? Isn't it simply a case of behaving like an ADULT ?

Its actually a good opportunity to have a chat with an opposition fan to learn a bit about his team and some of his players.
this has to be the biggest pile of shite i've read on here in a long time :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here