[Albion] Wolves Away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
………but multiply that 9k by say 10 games (where the club have to be careful) and the club have lost the thick end of 100k - no sensible business of any size would allow that to happen knowingly. The club will have it’s algos to work out likely demand, which then have to be aligned to the way in which away clubs release blocks - suspect it’s much easier now, but Wolves is a good example where we haven’t always even managed to sell out even the corner stand allocation in the PL, let alone the side stand.

Probably equivalent to 2 weeks wages for Sanchez who is currently refusing to sit on the bench. It isn't much in the grand scheme of things. The longer we stay in the PL the more the demand for away tickets will grow so less likely we won't be selling the full allocation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably equivalent to 2 weeks wages for Sanchez who is currently refusing to sit on the bench. It isn't much in the grand scheme of things. The longer we stay in the PL the more the demand for away tickets will grow so less likely we won't be selling the full allocation.
It doesn’t matter…….knowingly losing 100k would be stupid and no sensible business would do so. Allocations are changing over time as the club learn, and away support grows. Wolves is some way away from selling out yet.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What's a good parking option for Wolves?
I parked in the hotel car park next to The Bluebrick pub last time as its the away fans pub behind the train station.
Getting the train up this time and having a beer in B'ham before the game.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
What's a good parking option for Wolves?
Always reverse into the space. 😁

Also don't book the main car park they advise away fans to park in,we booked this last season got there 2 hours before kick off and it was supposedly full and they had shut the road ! Plenty of other options on the way into the town sign posted think we paid £8 for the one near MC Donalds.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
i dont have a flash smart phone how can i buy Wolverhampton tickets without, any suggestions welcome (apart from 'get a phone' thank you)

mile oak

May 21, 2023
By using the website or phoning the ticket office from a telephone box.
Thanks but i stupidly meant I dont have a smart phone to put tickets on so can i get paper tickets that sort thing. Sorry my mistake with previous post. Apologies.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks but i stupidly meant I dont have a smart phone to put tickets on so can i get paper tickets that sort thing. Sorry my mistake with previous post. Apologies.
The default for away matches is paper tickets unless told otherwise on the info page for the match.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
………but multiply that 9k by say 10 games (where the club have to be careful) and the club have lost the thick end of 100k - no sensible business of any size would allow that to happen knowingly. The club will have it’s algos to work out likely demand, which then have to be aligned to the way in which away clubs release blocks - suspect it’s much easier now, but Wolves is a good example where we haven’t always even managed to sell out even the corner stand allocation in the PL, let alone the side stand.
While i absolutely agree there are some games e.g. Saudi away which we will struggle with we always seem to err on the side of caution.
This causes two things in particular
one, at some grounds we end up selling the worst blocks first as you have rightly pointed out
two, some games where we could have sold more we stop opening blocks and cut sales short meaning some miss out
There is also the danger that if, as titanic has suggested, some people wait for blocks to open then the club will see this as a lack of demand and justify their decision to take a smaller allocation - a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
Finally regarding your point about business i was going to mention thames water .........then realised you said sensible business which of course we can probably both agree on they are definitely not!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tier 1 often gets the worst deal actually - crap blocks opened first, then better blocks added.
My point was if T1 get the worst blocks released, then to be sure of a ticket T2 get the worst seats in the worst blocks.

New tickets often don’t get released until day 3.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
260 available in the two corner blocks this morning. Will the other three blocks JL8-10 open or is that it?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If the club don't think we'll sell out our first away game of the season after last season then they need to have a clear out of their ticketing strategy team ( I bet they have one) .

All Aboard Ticket GIF by Reconnecting Roots

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My point was if T1 get the worst blocks released, then to be sure of a ticket T2 get the worst seats in the worst blocks.

New tickets often don’t get released until day 3.

Perhaps the way to deal with that is to offer 5 BONUS POINTS to people who buy in Tier 1 ?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I suppose this is the last one to get your points up before European tickets are released? Next away is United in mid Sept so well after the draw...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports