Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves Away

el punal

They (and we) only have to allocate 5% to away fans
On the flip side there will be more tickets for home fans. I think that’s the idea.
Maybe not. Don’t UEFA have a weird rule that the first two rows of seats are left vacant? That might be bollocks but I’m sure that they have some strange criteria concerning attendance/seating arrangements. Enlighten me someone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe not. Don’t UEFA have a weird rule that the first two rows of seats are left vacant? That might be bollocks but I’m sure that they have some strange criteria concerning attendance/seating arrangements. Enlighten me someone.
Was that not to incorporate their new (bigger) advertising boards.
I believe most clubs have now specced their stadium's accordingly.

(Might also be bollox)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
370... pretty slow going. Are people hoping/waiting for the other blocks to open?
I've just got two. Annoyingly I was tier 1 on exactly 253 but The Boy has one point less. I assume it's length of time of ST as we did all our games last season together (a rounding error stopping him going to Europe would see the MOTHER of all emails going to PBOBE :lolol: ).

Once again Tier 2 has the worst deal. Either the shit seat choices out of released blocks (singles, seats at the front) or wait and see if we actually release more blocks. Tier 2 are treated worse than MyAlbion + in this respect, at least with the latter you're just glad of a seat.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've just got two. Annoyingly I was tier 1 on exactly 253 but The Boy has one point less. I assume it's length of time of ST as we did all our games last season together (a rounding error stopping him going to Europe would see the MOTHER of all emails going to PBOBE :lolol: ).

Once again Tier 2 has the worst deal. Either the shit seat choices out of released blocks (singles, seats at the front) or wait and see if we actually release more blocks. Tier 2 are treated worse than MyAlbion + in this respect, at least with the latter you're just glad of a seat.
We know our place squire :hilton:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tier 1 often gets the worst deal actually - crap blocks opened first, then better blocks added.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
370... pretty slow going. Are people hoping/waiting for the other blocks to open?
See, this is something that seems to occur quite frequently on away ticket sales. Unless the home club, in this case Wolves, have stipulated that we cannot sell in certain blocks until all the rest are sold i struggle to understand the caution displayed by the Albion. Even in London matches blocks are quite often released in stages and don't get me started on the Norwich fiasco of a few years ago where we did not take up the full allocation!
ok let's talk about risk and reward. The risk being that we do not sell out and have to pay another club for unused tickets the reward is making sure that as many Albion fans who would like to go to support our great club have some opportunity. To me that is a no-brainer, now i know people will say " fine but it's not your money" but for example if we fell 300 short when taking a full allocation and had to pay £30 each for those ( which i doubt we would have to ) that is £9000 a lot to you and me but nothing in the world of the premier league. Meanwhile if we had only taken an allocation of 2400 for that same game then 300 Albion fans would have missed out and let us not forget many of those would be people who live well away from Brighton and do not get the chance to go to many games, surely that means something.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
See, this is something that seems to occur quite frequently on away ticket sales. Unless the home club, in this case Wolves, have stipulated that we cannot sell in certain blocks until all the rest are sold i struggle to understand the caution displayed by the Albion. Even in London matches blocks are quite often released in stages and don't get me started on the Norwich fiasco of a few years ago where we did not take up the full allocation!
ok let's talk about risk and reward. The risk being that we do not sell out and have to pay another club for unused tickets the reward is making sure that as many Albion fans who would like to go to support our great club have some opportunity. To me that is a no-brainer, now i know people will say " fine but it's not your money" but for example if we fell 300 short when taking a full allocation and had to pay £30 each for those ( which i doubt we would have to ) that is £9000 a lot to you and me but nothing in the world of the premier league. Meanwhile if we had only taken an allocation of 2400 for that same game then 300 Albion fans would have missed out and let us not forget many of those would be people who live well away from Brighton and do not get the chance to go to many games, surely that means something.
………but multiply that 9k by say 10 games (where the club have to be careful) and the club have lost the thick end of 100k - no sensible business of any size would allow that to happen knowingly. The club will have it’s algos to work out likely demand, which then have to be aligned to the way in which away clubs release blocks - suspect it’s much easier now, but Wolves is a good example where we haven’t always even managed to sell out even the corner stand allocation in the PL, let alone the side stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here