Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
After about 15 minutes I said to everyone around me that there will be a sending off, I'm just pleased it was a wolves player!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm a bit worried about this one. Our squad looks good at the moment but in the starting eleven, the drop in quality in central midfield without Mac and Moises is stark and it wasn't really tested against Luton. Wolves midfield dominated United so we'll have to be at our best to get something today.
I think my earlier comment clearly shows the level of my footballing intellect.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Shame about the clean sheet, and all credit to Wolves for not rolling over at 0 - 4. They'll do well this season, with that spirit.
As for us.....blimey....what a start to the season? Okay, not the hardest (on paper) of fixtures, but we're looking like a very strong side, despite losing two key players.
I have a good vibe about this year. :cool:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
BBC website:

Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I'm really pleased with the result and the performance. We played very well. We could play better, improve in our mentality, because we have a big target. To reach them you have tio play the same way for 90 minutes. We will reach that for sure.

"[Kaoru] Mitoma is a top player. [Solly] Match scored two goals, [Julio] Enciso was the best player on the pitch. I'm reallty lucky; I have an incredible squad, the right mix between young and old plasyers. We are happy but we know our potential is bigger.

"We have two players for every position. They will play for sure and be important for the team; they have a lot of chances.

"We are a very important team, with many big players. My work is to push them more and get better."

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If we can score goals we will win games, its as simple as that - the metamorphosis that has happened at Brighton in the past few seasons is awe inspiring but even more awe inspiring for me is the individual development that’s happening right in front of our eyes in rapid time :-

March, who’d have thought a few seasons ago, he would become one of our most prolific goal scorers? Gilmore, who I really wasn’t excited about for most of last season until the last few games, has burst out of his shell and rapidly becoming a really important player for us as a fulcrum in MF - he saw a gap in the post-Caceido/Mackie squad and has stepped up like a young lionheart and Steele - whoever thought the shrinking violet at the party would come of age and become the confident stopper he’s proving to be? Enciso, another player who had a great game today probably his best ever and is beginning to shine in a way I wasn’t thinking he would. Even Mitoma who was always brilliant bar his tendency at times last season to dive/play for penalties is now playing on through tackles and opposition touches and proving today even the best can get better under a top coach.

Add to that, recent additions with Adringa, Pedro and Milner - all of whom have melded into the fabric of the team seemingly effortlessly to expand our goal scoring distribution.

Ferguson was on the bench and didn’t have a chance today to make a big contribution (although just his awesome presence in the box can throw the bravest of backlines into disarray!) but we still put 4 away - we have started this season minus two key star players yet we haven’t missed a beat …

The football today was sketchy in places and we were a bit slow in blocking Wolves’ counter runs, but we were sublimely stunning to watch at times too - with the rapid short passing ‘triangles, transitions and long pass accuracy, possession and high press all taking my breath away ….

I absolutely LOVE the Albion - and these two guys …
:yes::bloom:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Really enjoyed the game. Wolves had their chances but messed up. The first 30 minutes it was end to end and frantic stuff. Mitoma's goal was a beauty and BBC's Warren said it could already be a contender for goal of the season. Top of the league - what more could you ask for. :albion2:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Thanks to Chris Hughton for getting us promoted and keeping us up for a few seasons.
I was a bit disappointed with how the club sacked him, but with Potter and then RDZ taking the club forward as they have the football against elite teams has been a joy to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here