Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
What is a "Septic"?
Septic Tank = Yank

De Zerbi ball is high octane, in your face, we're going to score more goals than you and we're going to keep possession for longer periods. Ok, it might be more sophisticated than that, but it's a good surmising. That also means we are going to concede, we're going to have a few proper shit games, like Everton, that just has to be accepted (though obviously RDZ won't). We've also got a lot stronger bench this season and we're only going to get better. We can go toe to toe with the big 6/7 and take points off them. It's going to be exciting, but it's not going to be tight at the back.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ten goals against Wolves in our last two matches.
Sixteen in four!
I like the map

1692467601451.png

Rubbish - Get Rid, etc, etc.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Septic Tank = Yank

De Zerbi ball is high octane, in your face, we're going to score more goals than you and we're going to keep possession for longer periods. Ok, it might be more sophisticated than that, but it's a good surmising. That also means we are going to concede, we're going to have a few proper shit games, like Everton, that just has to be accepted (though obviously RDZ won't). We've also got a lot stronger bench this season and we're only going to get better. We can go toe to toe with the big 6/7 and take points off them. It's going to be exciting, but it's not going to be tight at the back.
I am aware of that. We are way off the pace from last season though in regards to controlling the game. Hopefully it is just the players getting up to speed.

In terms of "septic tank" 1) Google informs me it is cockney slang. I did not know Brighton used that? And 2) I am not from the north East of the US.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can't believe nobody has suggested Enciso for MOTM

His best performance by far, not overdoing it, lively and the amount of closing down, big improvement, almost mature :clap:
There was a 10-minute period where Enciso was full on bossing the play, if he played like that for 90 it would have been truly exceptional, for the other minutes thought he was very good, definitely best overall performance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have to admit that I didn't think it would be this easy but we are just too good for this kind of team!
It looks like that now, but we definitely could have been losing at half-time, and their defence was poor at the start of the second. We will be dropping points to teams worse than Wolves.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I am aware of that. We are way off the pace from last season though in regards to controlling the game. Hopefully it is just the players getting up to speed.

In terms of "septic tank" 1) Google informs me it is cockney slang. I did not know Brighton used that? And 2) I am not from the north East of the US.
We are still 2 short in central midfield

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
RDZ spoke about how we had to play differently without MC and not lose the ball. Easy. Play Gilmour. 99% pass completion. Class.
Great result but we did lose the ball too often and Wolves should have scored 2 or 3 first half.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It seems odd to be thinking it's our defence that needs work . . . But I that's that's because our defensive midfield has been pillaged and it'll take time for all the new boys to settle in, and everyone to understand/second guess the next team mates move/action

Solly really did bust a gut today. But what a return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here