Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just back from the game and Wee Billy take a bow,MOTM by a country mile, excellent display no matter who we were playing, really pleased for him.
Wouldn't it be just DELICIOUS if the player that steps up to fill the Caicedo hole (and does just as well/better) is wee Billy G?!

Cheers Chelsea! :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm looking forward to seeing this Solly Archer chap at the Amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IMG_6305.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What did you think of today’s ref today @Brighton Lines ? Mate texted me late in the game “the only thing this ref has given us today is yellow cards” :lolol:
I didn't really notice him as there was no controversy. Most of the cards he gave were for silly things, like when Enciso kicked the ball away. Players have got to learn really as this could be ouch come November or December. The rules have tightened.

It's VAR again this year that is the problem. But I think we'll be having the same conversation in five years time as it is. The irony was the Leeds match last night when they conceded a handled goal. It was surreal waiting for the goal to be chalked off knowing that it hadn't been seen so that was it.

Strange game today, apart from that ten minute destruction there wasn't really much between the teams. Wolves just can't finish. They were like we were for long periods under Potter. But I think they will improve, so it's a precious three points is that.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Just got home, had worse days, and topped off by one of the easiest drives back from the Midlands ever. No delays at all :clap:
On the other hand, I was sat in traffic for about an hour north of Scotch Corner due to a vehicle fire (according to a sign I saw at least, that could easily have been there for days).
Missed the first half and only managed to see the last two goals on the screen on the concourse.
At least I saw that guy in hospitality making a knob of himself. :lolol:
Then I managed to add 20minutes to my journey down to Sussex by turning the wrong way out of Oxford services punish::facepalm:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Only just watched the highlights.

Mitoma goal - incredible.
Enciso setting up March - marvelous.
Pervis - keeps getting better.

That Nunes is a pillock. Shoves Webster over Steele, Pervis over Webster and then decides to square up to Dunk. If he had a braincell it'd die of loneliness.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
We were in a different class today. Those 2 quick 2nd half goals absolutely destroyed them. Tactically I think RDZ needs to look at how WW at times ran through us in the middle. Billy is superb with the ball and a great link up creative player, but not really a defensive type player and at times we needed that. I wonder if Gross perhaps deeper in a holding role at these times would help us hold the line a bit more. Special mention for Veltman. Came on and made some superb challenges. Webster at his best today. A couple of challenges late on in the game were world class. MOM for me Welbeck as he terrorised WW. His off the ball movement e.g.dragging defenders out of the way is world class. Great day out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
In terms of "septic tank" 1) Google informs me it is cockney slang. I did not know Brighton used that? And 2) I am not from the north East of the US.
Everyone knows septic meaning yanks. A lot of cockney slang is used/known countrywide really: butchers (butchers hook - look), dog and bone (phone), apples and pears (stairs), porky (porky pie - lie) etc

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
I am loving Sunday mornings Downunder. Sets me up for the day lovely. Hard to pick a MOTM for this; our front line is simply a joy to behold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here