[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where's Alzate?

Since Potter used him in every possible and impossible position with good results we know he likes Alzate and believes he is good enough.

Him being on the bench or left out of the squad tells me something is wrong (unless he has injury struggles), maybe personal stuff or he just fell into the trap and started slacking in training once he thought he was "established". Happens a lot.

Either way I'm sure he'll be back when ready.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I would have gone 3 at the back and played Alzate or Mac Allister instead of Mooy but other than that, I think that looks decent.

Really pleased Bissouma has kept his place, fully deserved.

Oh dear, we’re in trouble then [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No chance of any more than a point today. Wolves now firmly hunting a top 4 place, Albion no wins this year. 3-0 to them, but I'm sure we'll look pretty and have 73% possession. :rolleyes:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Kehaar stood on a rock and looked down on Akela and smiled, Akela was afraid and a tear appeared in her eye, she knew it was going to be a hard day.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Personally I would have gone 3 at the back and played Alzate or Mac Allister instead of Mooy but other than that, I think that looks decent.

Really pleased Bissouma has kept his place, fully deserved.

Might well be 3 at the back with March as LWB.

Either way, I'm looking forward to a first glimpse of Ally Mac.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought Bissouma played well against Palace and Sheff Utd, Mooy on the other hand...

Thing is... first of all I dont think Mooy was bad, especially not against CP.

But aside from that we really need him, in or out of top form: we dont have similar players in the squad. Even on a bad day he creates chances for other players (3 last week, and dont forget the excellent free kick that led to the goal vs Sheffield). We need him, he is a difference maker.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Macallister on the bench is very pleasing to see,
(even if it is for Alzate who will surely come good given the chance)

guess he will come on later should we go behind

we haven´t won in nine games
today is the day!

Come on Brighton!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thing is... first of all I dont think Mooy was bad, especially not against CP.

But aside from that we really need him, in or out of top form: we dont have similar players in the squad. Even on a bad day he creates chances for other players (3 last week, and dont forget the excellent free kick that led to the goal vs Sheffield). We need him, he is a difference maker.

He was shite against Palace, utterly shite. He’s been dreadfully out of form since signing permanently. We’re not a good enough team to be carrying passengers, we’ve got 5 or 6 players who can adequately fulfill the slow but occasionally creative position if we do drop Mooy. Hopefully today he can return to early season form, but regarding his Palace effort we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
At this point it's getting a bit ridiculous. Neither Trossard nor March did much last game in an attacking sense, and all of a sudden he doesn't change the lineup which is a hallmark of Potter this season.

Jahanbaksh not starting RW/RM is criminal. March cannot score with either foot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was shite against Palace, utterly shite. He’s been dreadfully out of form since signing permanently. We’re not a good enough team to be carrying passengers, we’ve got 5 or 6 players who can adequately fulfill the slow but occasionally creative position if we do drop Mooy. Hopefully today he picks he can return to early season form, but regarding his Palace effort we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

Confirmed, Mooy was shocking against CP, destroying many counter attacks with way too many touches, heads-down football ignoring his team-mates making runs. Giving rise to gallows laughter when Mooy received the MOTM award.

Hopefully his awful run of form will end today.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Fun fact from Palace game.. we had 24 attempts on target which is our highest this season. Have faith for today!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can someone please send me a stream link when they find one please, normally takes about 20mins to get one working on my phone!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Every now and again Albion get an unexpectedly amazing result.
Out of nowhere.
We are due one.
Uta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports