Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Will be very irritated if we don’t see Mac Allister and Lamptey on the pitch at some point today.

Much as I'd like to see what we've got, I'm not sure either of these two have made their names as clinical finishers which is what we're missing as we seem to be able to make the chances.

(But who knows what's coming :wink:)

Tombola.jpg

*edit* Having said that Lamptey is a bit of a speed demon, could be useful against a very quick Wolves team

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maybe at the pre match pitch inspection, will these two make the difference? We seem to be doing everything right except the important bit, Potter may suprise us all and include them both.

It's not just that though. Yes - you're right, we seem to be doing everything right except the scoring; but we've tried and tested the players we have. At the moment, even we get in promising positions we're expecting not to score. I think having them both on the pitch/bench could change the feeling, and raise the expectation that we might do something. A bit like TB's message to the fans really. Give us something to get enable us to get behind the team more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will be very irritated if we don’t see Mac Allister and Lamptey on the pitch at some point today.

Agreed, it will have been an expensive and pointless exercise to bring Mac Allister back from Boca if we’re not going to give him some game time soon. Lamptey I’d like to see but I feel he’s more of a gamble.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Agreed, it will have been an expensive and pointless exercise to bring Mac Allister back from Boca if we’re not going to give him some game time soon. Lamptey I’d like to see but I feel he’s more of a gamble.

I’d like to see Lamptey play as a wing back rather than full back today. Bring some much needed pace down the flank.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Up bright and early and been to the gym

Today’s order of play

8am Breakfast
9am Shave Bollocks
10am Accums
11:30am FPL
12 Noon Vasectomy
3pm Hopefully pain levels have peaked

3:01pm till Monday 23:59 do nothing lounge around and play on it

The vasectomy is the least of your worries! Doesn't hurt that much afterwards, just feels like you've been kicked in the 'nads.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You've got to hand it to our recruitment team though, staying ahead of the game. They got their panic buying in before the coronavirus scare!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Is it potg :dunce: i could suddenly prob make it to this game if it was. Though not being a member of anything and visiting very few away games and no home i doubt i could get a ticket now

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
The vasectomy is the least of your worries! Doesn't hurt that much afterwards, just feels like you've been kicked in the 'nads.

*cupncough* granuloma *cupncough*

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fancy our chances a little more against a team that is less likely to pack out the defence. Clutching at straws? Maybe but we have to win some time, right?

Bad fan alert though. I'm off to Griffin Park today. A Brentford supporting mate who's been to down to watch us a few times offered the chance to get a game in before they tear the old place down. A chance to catch an old fashioned terrace and hopefully see a MASSIVE defeat was too good to pass by.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fancy our chances a little more against a team that is less likely to pack out the defence. Clutching at straws? Maybe but we have to win some time, right?

Bad fan alert though. I'm off to Griffin Park today. A Brentford supporting mate who's been to down to watch us a few times offered the chance to get a game in before they tear the old place down. A chance to catch an old fashioned terrace and hopefully see a MASSIVE defeat was too good to pass by.

Wolves are the ultimate PL counter attacking team that sits deep en masse in a low-block 5-3-2, luring opponents to send bodies forward, and then they counter attack. Even at home.

Jimenez, Jota and Traore all have pace to destroy opponents on the counter, fed by Moutinho and Neves.

If we push forward, they’ll exploit that space with relish.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wolves are the ultimate PL counter attacking team that sits deep en masse in a low-block 5-3-2, luring opponents to send bodies forward, and then they counter attack. Even at home.

Jimenez, Jota and Traore all have pace to destroy opponents on the counter, fed by Moutinho and Neves.

If we push forward, they’ll exploit that space with relish.

Fair point well made. We're doomed! :D

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
You lot are doomongerers, do you not realise that you never lose to us?

Can see a Wolves 0 - 1 Brighton.

Alternatively, Nuno could well and truly get rid of the bogey status and we could do what we've threatened for a few weeks by destroying a team 5-0

If anyone is going to the match... Don't forget to go visit Manny outside the ground for Samosa Saturday. All proceeds to Dementia uk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do we have big personalities other than Dunk, Duffy and Murray?

Two of those are normally on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan. And, funnily enough, Ali J (this season).

But yeah, good point, we have almost as much of an issue with lack of character and leadership as we do with lack of finishing.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Mojo low, hope no.

But I'm still going to watch and dream of the win. The seemingly inevitable defeat will be cushioned by no work tomorrow thanks coronavirus!(although I'd much appreciate it if now, after shutting down most of my work for the month) you could **** off and let the world go back to normal. Or at least open the schools again).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here