woking fans dont seem v happy about the draw

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Oh yes I can completely understand! Woking, a non-league club, are playing Brighton, top of league one. Ok not at a very luxorious stadium, however, Woking will be playing in front of Gustavo Poyet, Uruguayan international and FA Cup winner!

Oh how unfortunate the Woking fans must be :facepalm:

i know we all love Gus but what exactly is that supposed to mean?

also, it seems everyone assumes that we'll win but has Gus expressed his feelings about the importance of the fa cup yet? ???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
i know we all love Gus but what exactly is that supposed to mean?

also, it seems everyone assumes that we'll win but has Gus expressed his feelings about the importance of the fa cup yet? ???

Yes, he was very vociferous about it last season. Probably explains why we got to the 4th round for the first time in donkeys' years.

I think the reason people hate Woking is because we had to endure years of BBC Radio Sussex and SURREY, where they endured the Lion's share of the coverage.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
can see their point. They have a better ground than Withdean.

It's the shittest away trip (the stadium) in the entire football league surely?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As the Woking fan on here has mentionned -its the fact its here that is shit for them, rather than the fact they are playing us. This fixture AT Woking would have had a very high chance of being picked for TV.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pehaps we could give the Woking fans a tour of Falmer in a kind of "here's what you could have won" way

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i can see were there coming from

shit ground
no chance of upset

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if i was a woking fan i would be delighted. best team in the draw currently so little chance of winning, a stand where you cant see the other end of the pitch because it is so far away, the chance to catch a cold should it decide to piss down with rain due to the lack of roof, and to top it all off the ground is really tiny and probably wont sell out so very little revenue for the club out of it

give me brighton and withdean over the chance to go to southampton or sheffield wednesday anyday

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Have you seen Wokings stadium, One ginormous stand and 2 cowsheds

i would have quited like to have gone to woking - rather enjoyed it when we were there in pre-season a few years back

fingers crossed for a replay!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Woking could well be the last non-league team to play us at withdean (unless whitehawk draw us in the 1st round next year)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports