woking fans dont seem v happy about the draw

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Come on, nobody's saying they're unfortunate, just that we can see why it's not the draw they wanted.

Picture the 3rd round: we're all hoping for Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool...and we draw QPR away. That, on a smaller scale, is where Woking are right now.

Do you think they should be painting their faces and getting the rosettes and giant foil FA Cup cut outs ready or something?

There's actually a thread on their forum about buying/making rosettes, so yes!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We were literally the worst team to get in the entire draw to be fair to them.

The worst draw would have been someone like Fleetwood away, or Morecambe or Accrington.

Higher division than them, they're on form and likely to beat them, it's miles away up north, (probably) a crappy ground and they'd hardly make a penny out of it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Poor Woking having to come to withers my arse, get a grip will you people - they are non league and have to suffer withers, we are top of league 1 and have had to suffer withers for 10 years! Good enough for man citeh but not good enough for Woking?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But they won't make a penny at Withdean and surely they're MORE likely to beat Fleetwood or Accrington than us? Basically, unless you get a trip to Hillsborough or St Marys you won't be making any money at this stage, so it's ALL about getting to round two.

The gate income in FA Cup games is shared, unlike league games. Don't hold me to the figures but with a crowd of just over 5K that is a gate of around £100 grand. Less ground operating expenses their cut will come to maybe £15-£20K incl the television fee? Not much for us in terms of paying the wage bill but a huge bonus for a club at Woking's level I would think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it is split after all expenses have been paid 10% to the FA and 45% each club. As severnside gull says a lot more than they would get each week in their league games or a Surrey Senior Cup tie.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
To be honest, it wasn't the draw we wanted either. A nice big away tie would have suited us better.

Really? Any "big" away game we will be doing at this season anyway in the league, so to get a winnable home game is JUST what we wanted and will give us a chance to get a few string players involved whilst maintaining our winning run.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Really? Any "big" away game we will be doing at this season anyway in the league, so to get a winnable home game is JUST what we wanted and will give us a chance to get a few string players involved whilst maintaining our winning run.

I was thinking more along the lines of 50% of a bigger attendance and a better atmosphere.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
i was just browsing on a woking forum and they are moaning they havent got a big tie as its only a small ground and they wont get much cash but currently we are top of league one and playing some great stuff you would think they would be happy to play us to see if they have got what it takes to compete at a higher level[/QUOTE

Both of them unhappy ???

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd be disappointed as a Woking fan as well. Yes, we're the top team in the draw, but

Shit stadium
Little chance of getting a result (you would hope)
Not going to make much money out of it

In their position I would have preferred a winnable home tie, or someone like Sheffield Wednesday or South Coast Club away

Pretty much what I was going to put.

Do people expect them to be creaming themselves because they get to watch our defence pass it round for 20 minutes while they don't touch the ball and then turn them over 3-0 - how patronising can you get.

Ben_WFC

Oct 24, 2010
The gate income in FA Cup games is shared, unlike league games. Don't hold me to the figures but with a crowd of just over 5K that is a gate of around £100 grand. Less ground operating expenses their cut will come to maybe £15-£20K incl the television fee? Not much for us in terms of paying the wage bill but a huge bonus for a club at Woking's level I would think.

+ the money we get for beating you ;)

But yea the money means a lot and a home tie would have been the best thing for us as it would probably have been on tv, but as we are away it has no chance.

Someone said in this thread that they hated us, can I ask why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports