Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zahaha £4M?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Sorry fella I usually find you quite a level headed Nigel in a world of hatred that is NSC, but to start saying we have better than you is quite frankly childish (stop calling me frankly). That knob end poster Glen-Murray has, in my opinion just made NSC gold with a post that is astonishing in the mildest form. he knows nothing about your struggle with relegation, preferring to say it was a few years ago. It is typical of the Palarse brethren we get here. They cannot handle the fact we have an infrastructure at the Amex second to none now and you have a crumbling wreck and nothing to shout about. So the 3-1 is your season highlight. Our highlights are multiple, new stadium, sell out games every week, fighting for play offs, quality players, pies! Oh the pies. It is now straw clutching cringing nonsense coming out of Croydon. Please revert to being an ok poster, I'd miss you otherwise.

I said (albeit unclearly) that we had struggled for two seasons (one due to -10 points) starting 3 years ago. This is true. The season just ended has not been a struggle in any way, and we only tailed off towards the end when we were confirmed safe.

The 3-1 isn't really our season highlight. It was good, but I preferred the 2-1 at Old Trafford, seeing Jonny Williams come through, seeing Zaha develop as a player into something very special, etc.

Your stadium is nice. You've got a lot of new fans. You had your best season in recent history this year (although you still didn't reach the playoffs so it wasn't really anything special).

Being in the top half of the table isn't really anything new to us. I understand that you're all excited about finally being out of League 1 and doing - relatively - well, but you're still just... Brighton? ???

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
we know that, the reason we take the piss is because some of your fans seem to think he's the next cristiano ronaldo

THAT'S why we take the piss, we know he's a good player

I don't think any of our fans think he's the new Ronaldo. Cristiano is certainly worth a lot more than £10m. I think Dougie said he'll end up as good as Nani, which will be great for Wilf and for us.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Buckley > Zaha

I don't think anyone on this board actually believes that. I haven't seen any stories or Buckley being chased by some of the biggest clubs in the world. I haven't seen Tony Bloom rejecting multi-million pound bids, and I certainly haven't seen any Premiership managers describing him as "a magnificent young talent, with fantastic ability" or someone who "ticks all the boxes for a Premiership club"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I said (albeit unclearly) that we had struggled for two seasons (one due to -10 points) starting 3 years ago. This is true. The season just ended has not been a struggle in any way, and we only tailed off towards the end when we were confirmed safe.

The 3-1 isn't really our season highlight. It was good, but I preferred the 2-1 at Old Trafford, seeing Jonny Williams come through, seeing Zaha develop as a player into something very special, etc.

Your stadium is nice. You've got a lot of new fans. You had your best season in recent history this year (although you still didn't reach the playoffs so it wasn't really anything special).

Being in the top half of the table isn't really anything new to us. I understand that you're all excited about finally being out of League 1 and doing - relatively - well, but you're still just... Brighton? ???

After your previous post, that was nearly normal.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think anyone on this board actually believes that. I haven't seen any stories or Buckley being chased by some of the biggest clubs in the world. I haven't seen Tony Bloom rejecting multi-million pound bids, and I certainly haven't seen any Premiership managers describing him as "a magnificent young talent, with fantastic ability" or someone who "ticks all the boxes for a Premiership club"

Ticks all the boxes for a Premiership club except actually having an end product.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Whereas the tabloids can't get enough of Zahamania... oh except when Bolton expressed a bit of interest.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Bolton? f***ing Bolton?

Get your head out your ass!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:clap: He's done it again.

How many times have you seen Wilf play, and how can you possibly know that he wont be as good as Nani? I'd rather leave these comparisons to someone who sees him train every day, and has many years of football experience.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ticks all the boxes for a Premiership club except actually having an end product.

He's only just turned 19 FFS. This will come with time. At the moment, the fact that he has an incredible talent on the ball with a great deal of pace is good enough. He is a very intelligent player and it's very difficult to get the ball off him. He scored 9 goals this season from the wing, and got quite a few assists as well. His end product is decent, but will only get better, which is why we're so optimistic about him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
How many times have you seen Wilf play, and how can you possibly know that he wont be as good as Nani? I'd rather leave these comparisons to someone who sees him train every day, and has many years of football experience.

You are either 11 years old and base everything on Football Manager or you seriously need your head checked.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tell you what - I'm willing to have a bet with the first Palace fan interested: I will bet £50 right now that Brighton finish above Palace next season. If you're interested and willing then put your money where your mouth is, reply to this post and we'll sort it out.

Unless of course none of you believe that you'll do it?

Guess not then.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

And why did you have a 10 point deduction?

BECAUSE YOU WENT INTO ADMINISTRATION BECAUSE YOU WERE SPENDING MONEY YOU DID NOT HAVE

We might be "just" Brighton but we finished TEN points and SEVEN places better than you, had it been the other way around you lot would be gloating big time. Just admit that the better team over the course of the season is the one in the higher position.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At the moment, the fact that he has an incredible talent on the ball with a great deal of pace is good enough. He is a very intelligent player and it's very difficult to get the ball off him. His end product is decent, but will only get better, which is why we're so optimistic about him.

Sounds like a perfect description of Kazenga Lua Lua. Can we expect £10 million for him then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here