[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Marvellous scenes earlydoors. 16 year old Mirra Andreeva is going to be an absolute monster. She finally succumbed to Madison Keys after winning the first set before losing the plot a little bit and throwing a wondrous set of teenage racket-throwing tantrums bless her. But she'll be back. One to watch :thumbsup:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Marvellous scenes earlydoors. 16 year old Mirra Andreeva is going to be an absolute monster. She finally succumbed to Madison Keys after winning the first set before losing the plot a little bit and throwing a wondrous set of teenage racket-throwing tantrums bless her. But she'll be back. One to watch :thumbsup:
Definitely. She's talented and full of spirit, just needs to patiently direct it with the help of a good coach.

On another note, I fear this evening's match between Berrettini and Alcaraz will end up being cut in half because of curfew just like the previous ones on centre court recently. Just wish they'd start the day an hour earlier so that this wouldn't risk happening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christopher Eubanks looks a terrible player so far. Serving machine, that’s it :shrug:

He has taken Tstispas to 5 sets though, and has decided to start playing tennis at last, so what do I know

Now a great game and Tsitsipas looking worried

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What a match by Eubanks!

Knocks out another seed.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
As a neutral I'm happy for Eubanks, I remember his emotional reaction at getting into the top 100 for the first time in his life earlier this year; he seems like a great guy, and he's a decent commentator for Tennis Channel as well
So happy for him! And it doesn't hurt that I don't like Tsitsipas that much. Watching Eubanks against Medvedev will be hilarious, the battle of the tall stick figures :lolol:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Didn’t get much of a mention yesterday, possibly with the Test Match amongst all the rest but there was some fantastic tennis - Rublev v Bublik was entertaining and I loved Svitolina winning in a final set tie-break. Hoping Alcaraz v Berretini will be a cracker

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t get much of a mention yesterday, possibly with the Test Match amongst all the rest but there was some fantastic tennis - Rublev v Bublik was entertaining and I loved Svitolina winning in a final set tie-break. Hoping Alcaraz v Berretini will be a cracker
I am hanging my hat on Alcaraz, the only guy with a chance of beating Djokovic

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I am hanging my hat on Alcaraz, the only guy with a chance of beating Djokovic
Yes I know what you mean. I grudgingly accept that he probably is the best all round player ever(I just preferred Roger’s style and Rafa’s fight). I would like somebody to just upset the applecart now and Alcaraz is deffo a wow player. I don’t think Berretini will be easy though - he’s very good on grass if he’s fully fit

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I know what you mean. I grudgingly accept that he probably is the best all round player ever(I just preferred Roger’s style and Rafa’s fight). I would like somebody to just upset the applecart now and Alcaraz is deffo a wow player. I don’t think Berretini will be easy though - he’s very good on grass if he’s fully fit
Yep, Federer goes down as my all time favourite. So stylish and completely unplayable on his day. An absolute joy to watch

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Berrettini vs Alcaraz is a frustrating watch. Neither seem to be playing brilliantly at the same so not much great tennis just some great shots

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Strange Scottish commentator for the Alcaraz match...Overpronounces Alcaraz like he's a Spanish national and refers to Berrettini like he's from Glasgow...

I shouldn't overthink it though, he's more than likely a pretentious prick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports