Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Center Court is absolutely ROCKING.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Andy’s 1st serve nemesis didn’t take long to surface… you normally see that in the 2nd set.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Andy’s last tournament ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Game on! 1 set all. :)

Hoping that Tsitsipas will be feeling his 5 set R1 match in his legs soon.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Drama in that last game, but Murray wins the 3rd set.

So frustrating they won't be able to finish the match tonight though because of the 11pm curfew.

But with that yelp of pain, I'd get him off now just in case. And thankfully that's what's happened.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shame, if this carries on he wins the 4th and the match IMHO

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Unfortunately until Wimbledon can get rid of its snobbery and stupid curfew rules, it can't be taken as seriously as the Australian Open, French Open or US Open Grand Slams where they play to a finish - until 3am - if needs be.

If I had put money on that match I'd be absolutely seething. Tomorrow's another day and I think Stefanos Tsitsipas will be elated. Get a good night's sleep and he'll take the match to five sets I reckon. Andy Murray's momentum has been blown apart.

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
Unfortunately until Wimbledon can get rid of its snobbery and stupid curfew rules, it can't be taken as seriously as the Australian Open, French Open or US Open Grand Slams where they play to a finish - until 3am - if needs be.

If I had put money on that match I'd be absolutely seething. Tomorrow's another day and I think Stefanos Tsitsipas will be elated. Get a good night's sleep and he'll take the match to five sets I reckon. Andy Murray's momentum has been blown apart.
I’m not sure playing until 3am does the players any good. Many struggle in their next match after having such a late finish.

Maybe they could go to finish a match that is already started but with each set lasting around an hour this could easily have gone on until 12:30 or 1am. In Australia especially they start some matches near midnight local time which isn’t right imo

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I know what you mean, but on the other hand Murray is no spring chicken so may benefit from the overnight rest moreso than Tsitsipas.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I doubt it. Playing well and is fitter than he has been for years
Indeed. Which in some ways is a perfect way to bow out.
I just wonder if he will leave it all out there for this tournament and then go out on his terms in front of his fans.
Not that I’m wishing retirement on him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Indeed. Which in some ways is a perfect way to bow out.
I just wonder if he will leave it all out there for this tournament and then go out on his terms in front of his fans.
Not that I’m wishing retirement on him.
I'm sure I read somewhere that he said, fitness permitting, he'd be happy to play on for a few years – it was something about Wimbledon not being his last tournament. Let's face it, if he's able to knock out the fifth seed today, who knows how far he could go? He obviously still enjoys it and has the passion for it, so why give all that up?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lots of injuries and poor form. Has just had 2 operations on her wrist. I also suspect that she has been poorly managed with lots of pressure from sponsors etc.
She goes through coaches a bit quick.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Bollocks - the players are constantly complaining of late night finishes in other slams. Not surprising, we're not designed to be at our best at 2am or whatever? And centre court would have been half empty after midnight as there is no public transport to get home.

And anyway, Murray hurt himself before serving one more point for the set. He'll be more delighted of the break than Tsitsipas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports