crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Come on Emma, you can do it!!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think Murray will eventually read Isner's serve. He is huge - nearly 6ft 6'!

Could be a great match - maybe not three days like Isner v Mahut!

He's not 6 ft 6. He's 6 ft 10! McEnroe reckons he is the best server ever to play the game. Shame the rest of his game is average otherwise he would be unbeatable and would have won more majors than anyone. Murray will beat him though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its strange Raducanu burst on the scene wining the US open without dropping a set, then after that seeming to lose to all sorts of players without showing anything of the same form since then.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He's not 6 ft 6. He's 6 ft 10! McEnroe reckons he is the best server ever to play the game. Shame the rest of his game is average otherwise he would be unbeatable and would have won more majors than anyone. Murray will beat him though.

Bloody hell! :eek:

Murray could get injured if he gets struck by one of his balls!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Its strange Raducanu burst on the scene wining the US open without dropping a set, then after that seeming to lose to all sorts of players without showing anything of the same form since then.

2025: Emma Raducanwho?

(But I hope not, obvs).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

The other players have sussed her out a bit plus she has not really played that much and had lots of niggly injuries. She is off to Uni in September I think.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Too many changes of coach.

I'd imagine she's a nightmare to train. "I won the US Open, not you". :facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Too many changes of coach.

I'd imagine she's a nightmare to train. "I won the US Open, not you". :facepalm:

When I've seen her interviewed just got the impression she may be high maintenance.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not all that surprising, it's her first year of the tour and it's common for players to pick up a lot of niggles and struggle to find form. The strange thing was her winning the US Open in the first place. She's only 19, and a lot of the more sensible tennis pundits said after her grand slam win that we shouldn't expect her to excel consistently straight after.

It's like if an unknown 19 year old footballer was the surprise top scorer in the world cup, then failed to set the Premier League alight in his first senior season afterwards, with a few injuries. You wouldn't just disregard him completely following that.

Give her a few years and then we'll see if she has what it takes to consistently challenge at the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here