Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Cori Gauff looks a good bet @ 12/1.

She has a game that suits grass, has an easy couple of matches before possibly meeting Serena Williams. I hope she's not intimidated by her and shows her too much respect. Serena was almost immobile at Eastbourne last week and if she can get her running round the court, there'll only be one winner. At 18 and the experience of reaching a recent Grand Slam final, this will be her big breakthrough.

In the men's singles, I like the look of Felix Auger-Alliassime to win the fourth quarter @ 10/3.

Another natural on grass, he's another player that could do very well and the big danger is Rafael Nadal but fitness issues are troubling him at the moment. Felix can reach the semi-finals at least.

Hoping for a great Wimbledon fortnight, with lots of dramatic matches and a couple of winners that look ready to bloom. :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Really? The whole of Britain goes batshit crazy for a sport where a ticket will cost you upwards of £250 and don't get me started on the price of strawberries.

I think most of Britain will be asking "why are the BBC plastering all channels with endless coverage of bloody tennis?"

I suspect many will be saying "this is far more entertaining than Escape to the Country"

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Radacanu up now.

Tough draw against a real grass court contender, and without much recent tennis at all due to injury.

Hope she can do herself justice, but think she might find this hard.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Really? The whole of Britain goes batshit crazy for a sport where a ticket will cost you upwards of £250 and don't get me started on the price of strawberries.

I think most of Britain will be asking "why are the BBC plastering all channels with endless coverage of bloody tennis?"

Same is probably true for Glastonbury but once the BBC has the rights for something, boy do they exploit them....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

There is very little British Sport live on terrestrial these days, don’t blame them for milking it. Outrageous that so much is on pay channels, including every other grand slam tournament now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Emma wins 6-4 6-4 :clap2::clap2:

Some bloke called Murray up next

Centre court went absolutely bonkers when she closed out the match, teriffic scenes. I think there was a roof on Centre Court, not sure it's there now after that volume.

She's absolutely lovely isn't she?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Big BBC fan here, but swerving all this for a fortnight.

I tuned in 5live today for their TV/boxset reviews slot. I forgot everything was abandoned for Wimbleyawn, instead I got posh voices rattling on about Cameron Norrie.

R4 and R6 my saviours.

Last edited:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Love it,

Have got Centre Court tickets for quarter finals next Tuesday - will be my 30th visit.

Weird year, could be the final year for many like Murray, Rafa, Serena. Djokovic is a ridiculous 4/5 to win the mens and Swiatek’s form is sensational. Have a few brits hitting some form so could see 5 or 6 in round 3 although I fear Emma will fall in round 1

Roll on 11 o clock
Emma wins in straight sets roll on round 2

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

Paid £68 for No1 court tomorrow I love tennis [emoji462]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Centre court went absolutely bonkers when she closed out the match, teriffic scenes. I think there was a roof on Centre Court, not sure it's there now after that volume.

She's absolutely lovely isn't she?

I got taken to task for saying that on a post in the Times!
Unbelievable how easy it is to offend these days.
I used to have to try much harder :)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can understand why they do it but now hyping up Murray first game. His opponent is ranked 250

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can understand why they do it but now hyping up Murray first game. His opponent is ranked 250

And Murray is broken to love in his second service game :down::

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And Murray breaks back instantly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here