Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Katie Boulter looking good out on Court 18 right now. She also looks like she’s about to win.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Serena Williams falls at the first hurdle

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Cori Gauff looks a good bet @ 12/1.

She has a game that suits grass, has an easy couple of matches before possibly meeting Serena Williams. I hope she's not intimidated by her and shows her too much respect. Serena was almost immobile at Eastbourne last week and if she can get her running round the court, there'll only be one winner. At 18 and the experience of reaching a recent Grand Slam final, this will be her big breakthrough.

In the men's singles, I like the look of Felix Auger-Alliassime to win the fourth quarter @ 10/3.

Another natural on grass, he's another player that could do very well and the big danger is Rafael Nadal but fitness issues are troubling him at the moment. Felix can reach the semi-finals at least.

Hoping for a great Wimbledon fortnight, with lots of dramatic matches and a couple of winners that look ready to bloom. :thumbsup:

Felix out in the first round! I like the look of his victor Cressy.. After Eastbourne I went large and put a whole £1 on him to reach the final at 50/1 :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Good, the fawning was annoying me even though I understand why it happens, it would only have ramped up as she progressed. Plenty of young players coming through that I find more entertaining :shrug:

The Brits are doing remarkably well too.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Good, the fawning was annoying me even though I understand why it happens, it would only have ramped up as she progressed. Plenty of young players coming through that I find more entertaining :shrug:

Very much this. Sure she's earned her legend status but the worship was cringeworthy. The commentary team were gutted she lost and when they spoke to Tan most of the crowd had started to file out disappointed not to have had an undoubtedly over the top speech from Williams

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Gutted for her, hope that's not the last we see of her at Wimbledon, she's been a fantastic ambassador for women's tennis and a hugely popular figure on the circuit which is why she is adored by the Wimbledon audiences.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Very much this. Sure she's earned her legend status but the worship was cringeworthy. The commentary team were gutted she lost and when they spoke to Tan most of the crowd had started to file out disappointed not to have had an undoubtedly over the top speech from Williams

Totally this, and the this of your this...

So disrespectful of the fawning comms speculating on her 'next' match in the 'next' round, with Martina particularly vomit inducing...

Her theatrics and roaring didn't have the desired effect...Tan won

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Katie Boulter looking good out on Court 18 right now. She also looks like she’s about to win.

The only downside to young Katie is her strong allegiance to Leicester.

Boulter.jpg

:love:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Was good to she her out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Felix out in the first round! I like the look of his victor Cressy.. After Eastbourne I went large and put a whole £1 on him to reach the final at 50/1 :D

Felix got the ideal start, winning the first set on a tiebreak, then let his guard down at the beginning of the second. That was the turning point. From then on, Cressy served bullets even faster it seemed. Where the hell has he been? He's 25! He's in the Ivanisevic class - good luck to him for the rest of Wimbledon.

Gutted I didn't put money on Serena Williams to lose. To not play for a whole year and then expect to beat anyone smacks of arrogance beyond belief. Like I said she had all the mobility of a punctured 70's bicycle.

Still got Coco to land me a winner? ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wishing the Best of British to Emma and Andy on centre today. Sure there will be a raucous atmosphere to cheer them home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peniston v Johnson looks like it could be a long, hard match.

Looking like three sets to me ��

If Peniston can win the third set the old man might tire….maybe

It’s weird watching Peniston, he is the spitting image of a friend of mine when we were young!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here