Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Hague

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It could be one of several Edna.

Well quite.

But I'm not sure Hague is one, or if he is, nothing has ever been confirmed. So best steer clear of that sort of thing I dare say :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well quite.

But I'm not sure Hague is one, or if he is, nothing has ever been confirmed. So best steer clear of that sort of thing I dare say :)

Well, if ever you were to be trapped in a lift with him you would probably come out unscathed.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well, if ever you were to be trapped in a lift with him you would probably come out unscathed.

I can't tell you what a relief that is :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was indeed our very own William, though it was a twin room, apparently he did it to save money!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/william-hagues-twin-bedded-hotel-room-245504

Ah ok. Well I do like to see our elected representatives thinking about saving the taxpayer money.

There's still another one I'm thinking of though. Can't recall the name. Was definitely a Tory, & also wanted to save money by having his close friend/ advisor sharing his hotel room. Can anyone refresh my memory?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ah ok. Well I do like to see our elected representatives thinking about saving the taxpayer money.

There's still another one I'm thinking of though. Can't recall the name. Was definitely a Tory, & also wanted to save money by having his close friend/ advisor sharing his hotel room. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Alan B'Stard? As played by the late Rik Mayall.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alan B'Stard? As played by the late Rik Mayall.

I've just remembered. It was Liam Fox.

Who, it should be stated quite clearly on here, is a happily married man to Mrs Fox, and whose good friend Adam- who accompanied him and shared his hotel room on a number of parliamentary, taxpayer-funded research trips to luxury overseas resorts- is nothing more than a close, platonic male friend and business advisor.

Don't know why it even stuck in my mind, frankly. Nothing to report there at all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's a rat deserting a sinking ship

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm sorry, but not even in that low-brow low-intellect piece of "journalism" does it back up the "fact" Ernest stated and you're suggesting it corroborates. Or am I missing something?

Hague is a career politician who has (a bit like Prince Edward) had his sexuality questioned for a long time. Apart from bigots and morons, no one holds this against him. Hague shared a bedroom with his friend, whether that also involved sharing a bed is something only two people know.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01702/Hague_1702434c.jpg

Given that he is aware of the question marks over his sexuality, it was a pretty dumb decision to share a bedroom with his 25 year £30,000 a year aide, just as it would have been the case had it been Boris Johnson and she had been female.

To then bring his wife's miscarriages into the equation when discussing the incident smacks of the mawkish exploitation of personal tragedy that other politicians, including the likes of Cameron and Brown, have been guilty of when it suited their needs. It also questions his decision making abilities.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Now Show on Radio on 4 recently featured Jon Culshaw doing an impression of William Hague saying "Reeta Chakribarti."

How every time Hague appears on TV I can't help myself sitting there, saying "ah-Rrreeeetah Chakriiiii-Baaarteee..." in a soft Yorkshire accent. I shall miss that. :down:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Loses a general election to a landslide then becomes Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State a few years later. There's always jobs for the boys in the Conservative party.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Scary little f*ck, even in 1977. Always thought that over-exaggerated deep voice was fake. No kid speaks like that outside of a Harry Enfield Tory Boy sketch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regardless of personal issues, he failed as Foreign Secretary because of his gullible enthusiasm for the so-called "Arab Spring."

This, this, this.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
with a bit of luck the tw@t will lose his seat anyway

From the moment that obnoxious smug schoolboy got up at the Tory Party conference and made that speech extolling the virtues of right wing politics in general and Thatcherism in particular, I've never been able to wish him anything other than plague and pestilence.........

.......even when he occasionally said something sensible in later life.

Whenever I've seen him speak he's seemed a reasonable and intelligent politician, no knee jerk sounds bites ( unlike both your posts ). I rate him as a politician. All parties have those decent politicians like him - Alan Johnson, Danny Alexander, Emily Thornberry, David Davies, Anne Widdecombe, Andy Burnham, Menzies Campbell to name but a few.

The problem is too many people eff and blind about politicians because they hate that politicians party rather than the politician being a bad person. Sadly there are too many thick people who can't see past party politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here