Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you stop supporting your "Premiership" team?

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
If it's the Harry H I know, and I suspect it is, he's a top bloke and probably on a bit of a wind up with this thread........were you an AP when Noonogs was there??.

He actually has a point, I know lots of people, myself included who are local that supported the Albion back in the Goldstone days that gave up going when it was knocked down. Lots have followed prem teams in the interim but have come back now we have a decent home and in my case can bring my boys to the footy in peace. Lots on here will never admit to it because they will get abuse but I'm sure most have never really supported the prem team just followed them and watched them in the pub.

Fair play to the die hards as without you we wouldn't have a club and you can all quite rightly lord it over us JCL's or JCB's or whatever you want to call us. The bottom line is that all the guys I know that are the same as me now have children (the lost generation) that they are bringing back to the Albion and most, if not all can reminisce about the goldstone days. You can all call me and the others what you like, I couldn't give a toss but my legacy is 2 young lads that will hopefully never stray from the path, as their father did and follow the Albion for life.

Oh, and if I'm right about who Harry H is, his last team was Chelsea, although not in a playing capacity, and he is most definitely not Palace.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Personally I'm a nostalgia freak when it comes to other teams. I'm always hoping to see ex football league teams making their way back. Workington, Barrow, Southport, Bradford Park Avenue to name but four. Always pleased when these teams win. Newport being the latest success story. I can still picture Haig Avenue, Holker Street and Sealand Road Chester from my away trip travelling days

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You do see people on here saying "my other team", I cannot comprehend it myself, but it's their life and each to their own I suppose

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You do see people on here saying "my other team", I cannot comprehend it myself, but it's their life and each to their own I suppose

I have two others.

I don't support either to anywhere NEAR the extent I support the Albion, but I still count them as my teams.

That said, I would support the Albion if we ever play either of them (not phenomenally likely), no question.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
When i was very young, i had a team in every division that i looked out for, including the Scottish leagues. I suppose it kept things a bit more interesting when James Alexander Gordon read the results out. Shrewsbury were one of them when they had a bit of a cup run (typical glory-hunter). I went to Shrewsbury about 15 years ago and visited Gay Meadow and bought a pencil and a bookmark. I'm afraid my anecdotes don't get any better than that.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that people on here are treating him much too harshly I do not think that it is unreasonable to expect people to have a premier side that they follow as I do Spurs and have done since 1951. If we play them at any time I always want Brighton to win but I also want Spurs to qualify for the Champions League. I am more concerned in trying to work out who he is from his post my immediate thoughts were Harry Wilson but perhaps the user name of Harry is a red herring.

Most on the BBS support Chelsea/Spurs or Arsenal and go there more often than Selhurst. Strange but true.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Well despite the abuse you've had I think that's a valid question. This is probably the wrong place to ask it as most Albion posters on NSC are more hardcore (a lot who attend Away games for example), but I know several people who are Albion STHs but Brighton is not their main team. I occasionally borrow a ST off a mate who's got a soft spot for Brighton as it's his home-town team, but is a Chelsea fan and he has said he has no intention of switching loyalties and will support Chelsea if we meet in the Prem.

Having said that I do think you're a bit of a **** for saying you've supported Brighton for decades but now want us to fail simply because some people have disagreed with you on a message board. Grow a pair for crying out loud.

Agree with both paragraphs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that people on here are treating him much too harshly.

No they're not. If he wanted a more reasoned response he should have asked his question with more thought, and not as a statement of fact that everybody 'has a Prem team'. This is, sure as eggs, going to put a lot of people's backs up, and rightly so.

Add to that his pathetic hissy fit, at a few tetchy responses: "I've supported the club for years, played for them, etc, but now I hope they fail because someone called me a w'nker". Pathetic and totally deserving of the crap that then came his way.

Then consider his telling of lies in his 'back story': In the space of a few hours he's claimed that he "last saw the team play ten years ago" but also "last saw them in 1991", and that he "lives in Spain" but also "lives 2000 miles away".

Two scenarios:

1. He's a wind-up, full stop.
2. He's a bitter failed ex-pro, with no life, on a wind-up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Funny THAT. I'm prob on here more than u and I've never seen ANYONE say that. I think you're trying to convince yourself that the delusional palace myth that half our fans are plastics is true... when it clearly isn't....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Indeed. Each to their own. The people who say "it's not possible to support two" are, obviously, the ones who support one so will have that natural view.

I've absolutely no shame in saying I follow two teams. I have since I was 5. I can't just turn off supporting one of them after 21 years. If I could then that alone would be the definition of not being a supporter.

Also, I put mine completely down to an age thing. I was that age when the boom of Premier League football began. I openly admit I chose a prem team at the age of 5 because you had to have one at school. Also I only chose the team because I liked a few of their players. They finished around 11th the year I started supporting them so it wasn't Man Utd (thats my only saving grace!). Now they are more successful and it add's to the image of me having a 'glory' team.

I would quite happily say that I reckon I know more about the history, players, manager and club in general or my "second" team than most Brighton fans do about The Albion, yet still some would claim I can't support two teams.

Always seems odd to me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Funny THAT. I'm prob on here more than u and I've never seen ANYONE say that. I think you're trying to convince yourself that the delusional palace myth that half our fans are plastics is true... when it clearly isn't....

I've just ruined your post :lolol:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

I have also never seen people post about their 'other team' (except for local non-league ones - and why not).

It's always been just the Albion for me, since I was eight and my old Dad first took me with him to the Goldstone. And now my kids feel the same - the only reason they look at other teams' results and scorers is for their fantasy football league.

Seems a daft thread to me.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

I suggest you read this thread again, not to mention the others but this thread will do :facepalm:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I think he has a point. Maybe not people who post on here, but the amount of people I've noticed jumping on the Brighton bandwagon is actually quite funny. People who wouldn't of even been able to name 3 Brighton players 2 years ago, and if Brighton did go up, and did a "Wolves" these said people would go back to not giving a shit.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I always look out for Spurs results. Hope they lose every week after what Burkinshaw said about us.
Oh, I bear grudges too!

Indeed. Each to their own. The people who say "it's not possible to support two" are, obviously, the ones who support one so will have that natural view.

I've absolutely no shame in saying I follow two teams. I have since I was 5. I can't just turn off supporting one of them after 21 years. If I could then that alone would be the definition of not being a supporter.

Also, I put mine completely down to an age thing. I was that age when the boom of Premier League football began. I openly admit I chose a prem team at the age of 5 because you had to have one at school. Also I only chose the team because I liked a few of their players. They finished around 11th the year I started supporting them so it wasn't Man Utd (thats my only saving grace!). Now they are more successful and it add's to the image of me having a 'glory' team.

I would quite happily say that I reckon I know more about the history, players, manager and club in general or my "second" team than most Brighton fans do about The Albion, yet still some would claim I can't support two teams.

Always seems odd to me.

Chelsea?

P.S didn't mean to quote super Steve earl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here