Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Is it ? Dan Ashworth went to Newcastle, Bissouma to Spurs, a really promising youth player in the summer went to Man United. Theses ins/outs happen all the time.
We poached Barber from Spurs, Potter’s team from Swansea, and our young players from all over. This victim stuff is a bit much.
Its the timing that has most people pissed off. 6 games into a season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Saturday has all the ingredients to be tremendous fun. Alternatively, tremendous "fun".

- Saturday 3pm kick-off allowing for a few beers in town before the game, and a sing-off with those delightful Chelsea fans on the train to Falmer.
- Big club at the Amex, ripe for a bloody nose.
- The return of the treacherous bastards.
- Chelsea fans being demonstrably unlikeable, as always.
- A few of the above sprinkled around the home stands.

It's not quite panto season yet, but it might feel like it.

The only thing that could possibly spoil it is an early Chelsea goal leading to us pressing and getting picked off at will and being on the receiving end of a thoroughly lopsided scoreline.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Its the timing that has most people pissed off. 6 games into a season.
It's not so much the timing for me, it's a) the extent of it (by all means take your own team, but not Bruno, Roberts etc) and b) the continued 'drip drip' of further approaches (Jan transfer window will be a worry)

When we beat them, a massive rendition of 'Rob De Zerbi's blue and white army' would be nice.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Have posted elsewhere but in case you didn’t see it 👍
mmm yeah, but then Nobby Horton weas succeeded by one of my fave ever Albion managers, the first coming of the great Micky Adams.

Bhafc17

Oct 26, 2022
I dont think too much can be said about potter leaving for Chelsea - 60m in the back pocket who wouldn't take that.

The thing for me is the manner he left, awful timing being on such a good run 6 games into the season. But the fact he gutted the backroom staff and they've thrown money at everyone just stinks. People will say that it wasn't Potters choice to take them all with, but I will not accept it wasn't his doing or at least he had little influence over them joining, of course he did.

And then as for Chelsea themselves, they deserve a hostile atmosphere. Ripping out a backroom staff and buying the player of the season from us, as well as throwing money at others, its not exactly talented. I hope snakes are thrown around the stands and a sea of monopoly money fills the air at kick off.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
No booing from me, just cheering on the Albion. Is GP really that much of a loss? Some of the football under him was absolutely turgid, we had some dreadful runs of not winning / scoring, his reign has got a gloss on it following a good end to last and a good start to this season. Also we need to remember himself and the backroom team are employees not supporters and off course they are going to leave when a bigger club comes calling. As galling as it was to lose the backroom team what's to say RZB would've retained them? Most managers come with their own backroom team so yeah they could've shown some loyalty and stayed only to be sacked days later. It's football, the big teams take from the smaller teams, it's always happened and always will.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It's not so much the timing for me, it's a) the extent of it (by all means take your own team, but not Bruno, Roberts etc) and b) the continued 'drip drip' of further approaches (Jan transfer window will be a worry)
this has been allowed to happen by Tony Bloom's massive mistake in announcing "anyone can leave if the price is right" statement. IMO

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The thing for me is the manner he left, awful timing being on such a good run 6 games into the season. But the fact he gutted the backroom staff and they've thrown money at everyone just stinks. People will say that it wasn't Potters choice to take them all with, but I will not accept it wasn't his doing or at least he had little influence over them joining, of course he did.
There’s never a right time really though is there

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
this has been allowed to happen by Tony Bloom's massive mistake in announcing "anyone can leave if the price is right" statement. IMO
This has happened because Potter is a classless **** with no empathy or care for the club who gave him his chance, he's hellbent of stripping everything he can that he thinks will help him in his new job. It's very unusual for a manager to be so callous towards a supportive employer and club he's walked away from. Especially when he has access to funds to get just about anyone in world football. The backstabbing bastard

BOOOOOOOHHHH

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
That's the way football works, everyone has a price. If Real Madrid really wanted Erling Haaland and they bid say 300m and offered him 2m a week the deal would probably happen. The masterstroke TB did was awarding GP a 6 year contract after just 6 months with a large release clause as it meant Chelsea had to pay us a large sum to secure GP.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Not really a mistake IMO - anyone knows that's the way things work.
Don't agree , you can - not make the statement in the first place as it was an open invite to others to come in , as they have, and now he can't back down and tell them to go away (as Brentford did with Spurs wanting Toney)
it also puts the idea of the ease of moving on in players and staff minds ,
you can insist that the move is done at a time best suited to us (not 6 games into a season with the Club in 4th).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't agree , you can - not make the statement in the first place as it was an open invite to others to come in , as they have, and now he can't back down and tell them to go away (as Brentford did with Spurs wanting Toney)
you can insist that the move is done at a time best suited to us (not 6 games into a season with the Club in 4th).
If Spurs or some other club offer enough money for Toney, he will go.

TB never said "we'll let anyone go anywhere for any price". He'll turn down clubs if the money isn't enough. Like with City & Cucurella.

In the case of the staff, Chelsea paid the buyout clause - there's literally nothing TB could do to prevent them from going.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't think anyone involved in PL football needs any comforting that better money might be available further up the chain. If Spurs wanted Toney Brentford would have had a price they'd be prepared to accept. What Tony has done is protected the club as well as he can against these things - hence Chelsea having to pay the largest buy-out for a manager - ever. Think of the alternative - Tony gets people in, they're ambitious and do well but when the time for a move comes we don't let them go - then the next ambitious player or manager won't come here. Accept is happens but make sure we get top dollar when it does (Potter, White, Cucurella, Bissouma) and have a clear succession plan in place (as we have). Can't do any more than that. Positively, there aren't many clubs above us in the food chain any more.

There's a big difference between accepting it (as I do) and it being massively frustrating (as it is), and it is showing Potter up as a bit of a classless prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here