Will we sign our elusive CF/CM this week?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Just a question as all things have gone very quiet on transfers and speculation. GP said on sat, hopefully bymidweek... Brian Owen tweeted yesterday not to rule out signings this week ( ignoring Balmy)....

Things seem to be moving now at other clubs so I am hopeful we can see something positive happen over next day or so....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will we be announcing big signings when Gus is in Spain? I doubt it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sign tonight fly out tomorrow to join the squad?
Sign tomorrow and fly out Thursday?

Any later in the week and it probably loses any point

This tweet from Will Hoskins does at least show that we have one "new" striker in pre-season

"Hard to describe how good I feel compared to last year. Feeling stronger and fitter everyday. The op has sorted me right out. Feel like new."

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not a chance - Mr Bloom about to become a daddy for the second time !

But surely, with all the new positions we've created recently, we don't need Gus / Tony B involved at all, once Gus has green lit a list of targets?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
fancy us to make both the signings this week, hopefully today and tomorrow. At least I hope so.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
But surely, with all the new positions we've created recently, we don't need Gus / Tony B involved at all, once Gus has green lit a list of targets?

Any new signing will surely want to sit down with his potential new manager during the negotiations?

Besides, Gus and his infectious enthusiasm seems to be vital in sealing the deal

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't want us to sign a striker and Gus has said there are loads of midfield options. We still have three weeks to secure one. No worries, guys.

Midfield is definitely the priority. I wouldn't be desperate to upset the settled line up of strikers we have now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
why don't you want us to sign a striker ?

No idea what CB's reasons are but I'd quite like to see a fully fit Hoskins given a few games. I thought he was gonna be shown the door but just maybe he can be the skilfull quick footed man that would suit our style much better than someone like Volkes. Maybe we don't need another striker unless he is absolutely top drawer?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hoskins, CMS, Barnes and Agdestein all look like their chomping at the bit to get some game time up front. We're fairly healthy in that area I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports