Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we see a Summer this year?

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
However remote, it is more likely than a swallow :nono:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Doesn't usually bother me - if it's wet, I'll do stuff indoors.

Except that I organise group walks around Cornwall, and it's a bit soul-destroying knowing that you're going to be leading wet walkers through thick mud, and eating soggy sandwiches. There's only so much road-walking you can do, and this year it's become a real chore instead of something to look forward to.

But up to an including half term it's been ok down here, in fact half term was glorious while the SE has had the rain and storms but the past couple of weeks have been cloudy with some rain, today was more like November.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
But up to an including half term it's been ok down here, in fact half term was glorious while the SE has had the rain and storms but the past couple of weeks have been cloudy with some rain, today was more like November.

Yeah, there have been some decent days when I would go out by myself, but it's difficult when you have to plan walks for a specific day, a week ahead.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm stuck all day in a cuffing office. I should be going home to the garden, lighting the grill and enjoying an evening on the patio with a beer, a book and a bit of evening sun. Instead I'm cooped up in the lounge watching SHITE on telly, or back on here.

Pig sick of it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We haven't cancelled them, but in truth, the two games we've finished in the rain these last two weeks, really should have been stopped, long before the finish.

The attitude has been that 'the weather is so constantly shit, that if we stop for this, we'll never finish a game'. But frankly its been horrible, and really not that much fun.

I yearn for a proper dry hot sunny day's cricket.

This is the trouble with cricket. When it's a warm, sunny day, I can think very little else I'd rather be doing. On a cold, drizzly day, I'd rather be doing ANYTHING else but playing cricket.

Meanwhile, summer arrived here about a month ago and is showing no signs of going away :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well,I'm off to France shortly,then Spain in August,Cyprus in September and Ibiza/Majorca 1st week in October,so I hope to see a summer somewhere :)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I would love to see Klinsmann in charge. I've not been in favour of foreign managers hitherto, but i would make an exception for him. Charismatic and experienced at the highest level both as a player and a manager including a World Cup win. Loves England. Remembered fondly for his time at Spurs. Ticks all the boxes for me.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I would love to see Klinsmann in charge. I've not been in favour of foreign managers hitherto, but i would make an exception for him. Charismatic and experienced at the highest level both as a player and a manager including a World Cup win. Loves England. Remembered fondly for his time at Spurs. Ticks all the boxes for me.

??? What about the weather this summer. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here