Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we see a Summer this year?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Quite enjoying the cool weather.....can sleep at night, plants growing well, everything looking lush and green.

On the downside...the weeds are out of control and so are the slugs

What you need is a diamond hoe, a catapult, a large bag of dried peas and a good aim!
By the way, the weather's gorgeous here!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bring back 1976.

Astonishing to think that small pockets of woodlands in the UK are still suffering the effects of that summer.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Astonishing to think that small pockets of woodlands in the UK are still suffering the effects of that summer.

Really? How interesting.

Do you have a link to some reading on it?

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Cold here in Africa too believe it or not, in fact it is warmer in Brighton than Nairobi right now.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Doesn't usually bother me - if it's wet, I'll do stuff indoors.

Except that I organise group walks around Cornwall, and it's a bit soul-destroying knowing that you're going to be leading wet walkers through thick mud, and eating soggy sandwiches. There's only so much road-walking you can do, and this year it's become a real chore instead of something to look forward to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't had any Sunday cricket matches cancelled yet this year. That's my measure of summer.

We haven't cancelled them, but in truth, the two games we've finished in the rain these last two weeks, really should have been stopped, long before the finish.

The attitude has been that 'the weather is so constantly shit, that if we stop for this, we'll never finish a game'. But frankly its been horrible, and really not that much fun.

I yearn for a proper dry hot sunny day's cricket.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's hot here!
attachment.php

We hate a smartarse :wink:

Friday looks a bit crap there though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here