Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Rosenior get in the team when Bong is back?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think he's had a great season, and I think Rosenior is better

Possibly....a lot of the goals we've conceded seem to have come from that side (despite our 'left back crisis'). Just not sure CH will make that call though, Bruno has hardly missed a minute all season. Even if he doesn't, Rosenior is a fabulous player to have on the bench every game because he is so versatile.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
This is one of those ‘good to have’ problems. Certainly better than the injury crisis problem we had in December.

For me, even though Rosenior has been fantastic since he returned at left back and the team’s fortunes have changes, Bong is a natural LB and so I would play him there. To have such a versatile utility player like LR who can fill many positions is a such a blessing in this division. He could always be deployed at RB in favour of Bruno or if Bruno needs a rest at some point.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We haven't lost a league game that Rosenior has started:

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 08.47.53.png

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't think he's had a great season, and I think Rosenior is better

Honestly you dont think Bruno has been exceptional this season ?

You Sir are an incredibly hard man to please.

I am going to be suprised if he does not make the team of the season for the Championship.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Not sure why some people say Bruno could be dropped, he has been without doubt one of our best players this season. The blokes footballing brain is on a different level from most

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rosenior/Murphy is almost as potent a combination as Bong/Lua Lua.

If you change one, why not change both and keep our opponents guessing?

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
The thing that annoys me about Bruno is the habit he has of always trying to pass a ball coming down from height on the volley instead of taking a touch to bring it down. Too often this method concedes possession and occasionally goals. If you don't know what I'm talking about then go back to the Bolton highlights, thankfully Stockdale saved his blushes that day.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The thing that annoys me about Bruno is the habit he has of always trying to pass a ball coming down from height on the volley instead of taking a touch to bring it down. Too often this method concedes possession and occasionally goals. If you don't know what I'm talking about then go back to the Bolton highlights, thankfully Stockdale saved his blushes that day.

Literally his only major error of the season.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Bruno has been immense this season so only injury or the need of a rest would keep him out my first 11, as for bong over Rosenior now that is a hard one and I am glad that it is CH that has to make that call.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Possibly....a lot of the goals we've conceded seem to have come from that side (despite our 'left back crisis'). Just not sure CH will make that call though, Bruno has hardly missed a minute all season. Even if he doesn't, Rosenior is a fabulous player to have on the bench every game because he is so versatile.

I had noticed the same thing. Our rightside has been exposed although this may be due to us covering the leftside with additional man power.

However I don't think Bruno is undropable unlike Kayal, Stephens, Stockdale & Knockaert

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
IF Bong came in at lb, and LR replaced Bruno at rb, just wondering who'd get the armband? Kayal? Stockdale??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I can't... How can anyone suggest Bruno be dropped? He's had a magnificent season, he's had an odd bad game as has any player but overall he's been one of our most consistent performers. The question should be, will BONG get back in the team given how good Rosenior is at left back, and as of right now I don't see him getting back in. It's a positive thing anyway, Bong I'm sure will understand others are playing well and so we don't have to rush him back tom a very bad injury.

Same as the Greer situation, say what you like about him but earlier in the season without him at times or defence looked like it lacked all direction, now he had his injury troubles and Goldson came in he can't get back in due to Goldson's performances.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
IF Bong came in at lb, and LR replaced Bruno at rb, just wondering who'd get the armband? Kayal? Stockdale??

I'd probably say Kayal. He's one of your most reliable players and he's very vocal on the pitch. A born leader in my opinion.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

he was trying to clear it and miss hit it? it happens

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
he was trying to clear it and miss hit it? it happens
He had acres of space and plenty of time.

The thing about it which annoys me is that it he often has plenty of time and space to control the ball and pick out a simple pass, yet chooses to try and catch it on the volley and inevitably concede possession.

Overall he's been very good this season and definitely upped his game. I am not saying he should lose his place when everyone is fit, but that it would be helpful if he stopped doing this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He had acres of space and plenty of time.

The thing about it which annoys me is that it he often has plenty of time and space to control the ball and pick out a simple pass, yet chooses to try and catch it on the volley and inevitably concede possession.

Overall he's been very good this season and definitely upped his game. I am not saying he should lose his place when everyone is fit, but that it would be helpful if he stopped doing this.

I'm terribly sorry, but that is utter bobbins. He can kill a ball on a sixpence, Bruno's touch and control is superb.

That mistake v Bolton has been his single big aberration this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here