Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Paul Clement be a success at Brighton?

Will he be a success?

• Yes

Votes: 59 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • Who?

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Well I'm impressed. But what do I know, I was impressed with Poyet and Oscar.[/QUOTE]

To be fair Poyet and Oscar both did good jobs. I was hoping to see some the fast attacking football he promised next season, now that had a bit of experience in the division, but a top six place is not to be sniffed at. If this chap does get the job I hope he is at least successful as both of those.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm glad this thread has gone the way of intelligent debate. The more I think about the arguments both for and against, the more I believe that the club are going to opt for a man with some kind of actual managerial experience. If I were on the board I'd look very, very closely and take heed from the David Weir disaster that unfolded at Sheff Utd last season. My dad being a Blade I can vouch for the hope and expectation, which turned to utter deflation and exasperation all too quickly. Weir, like Clement, was highly rated, he'd worked with and played with top, top players - a no brainer, a top drawer appointment surely?!? Hmmmmm Then they went for Nigel Clough, oh an underachiever, a decent but not good enough for us type manager, I mean has he worked with the best? no, as he worked with big Carlo? no... is he going to almost get the club into the playoffs from nowhere, and lest we forget very nearly reach the F.A. cup final? No... I mean Yes, yes he is.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It worries me that the club has no stability, I just want a manager who wants to manage BHAFC for the considerable future regardless if we finish mid table, top two or lose in the play offs. We all have ambitions but please don't use our club as a stepping stone to the PL earn your right to be a PL manager with the Albion.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Would be a risky move as he's never managed before and not sure why he's seen as the more attractive prospect over other candidates who have say, lead clubs to top half finishes in the Prem (ie Hughton and Sherwood). Just because he's the Real Madrid assistant? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here