Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Leeds be relegated?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Their cup final, to be fair :jester:

Aye. I must admit, I have grudging respect for Leeds. Utter chumps though some of their fans are, they brought 2,000 here on a Tuesday night with nothing to play for.

Still, I won't lose any sleep if they go down again. Division THREE is no less their spiritual home than the top flight these days. :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aye. I must admit, I have grudging respect for Leeds. Utter chumps though some of their fans are, they brought 2,000 here on a Tuesday night with nothing to play for.

Still, I won't lose any sleep if they go down again. Division THREE is no less their spiritual home than the top flight these days. :clap2:

Took them a while to get out last time too. Not the instant return they expected.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

With most of them travelling from sussex, surrey and london. Great effort.

Much of their support at away games is from local support - no idea how our why they are nationally supported (which is impressive in itself) but it's a fact that they are.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My source in Yorkshire tells me that McDermott is considered as a failure in managing Leeds but the club cannot afford to sack him so pressure is mounting on him to resign and walk away. Guess who their number 1 choice is ? (this scenario needs the candidate to be sacked so no compo is paid out to his current employers)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My source in Yorkshire tells me that McDermott is considered as a failure in managing Leeds but the club cannot afford to sack him so pressure is mounting on him to resign and walk away. Guess who their number 1 choice is ? (this scenario needs the candidate to be sacked so no compo is paid out to his current employers)

Poyet has whored himself to Massive Leeds before. It wouldn't be a massive surprise. Pretty low ceiling in League One though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the late 60s and early 70s they were the best team in the league, although the trophies they won didn't quite reflect that.

Indeed , they have been rightfully compared to as the "Pompey" of the North.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
With most of them travelling from sussex, surrey and london. Great effort.

Much of their support at away games is from local support - no idea how our why they are nationally supported (which is impressive in itself) but it's a fact that they are.

Most of these fans are a throwback to when Leeds were genuinely big. I know a few, and they are all of a certain age. Can't recall bumping into any southern fans who are under the age of 40.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The cut off deadline to go into administration and have 10 points deducted this season was last Thursday. Any club going into administration between now and the end of the season will have the points deduction imposed next season.

But when they entered administration in 2006-07 season, that was after their relegation was confirmed and the points went straight off meaning they finished last in the championship.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But when they entered administration in 2006-07 season, that was after their relegation was confirmed and the points went straight off meaning they finished last in the championship.

As I understand it, clubs were prevented from acquiring the penalty points at a time which suited them, in order to prevent that scenario whereby a club would manipulate the penalty, I.e. when they would already be safe or already relegated. However, on this thread it has been stated that the league has a certain arbitrary control.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

They also started the 2007/08 season on -15 for breaching the rules. The FL amended the rules again after Leeds made an unsuccessful appeal over the deduction to close any loopholes over ambiguous interpretation of the rules.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't take much joy in seeing them suffer. Had a great day out there last season - as some one has already posted - they are no longer a big club and their support is from true fans. No honour in sneering at other's misfortunes - remember be wary as things can quickly change in football

Completely agree.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Leeds may have been the best side in the late 60s/early 70s but, like Brian Clough asserted, they were by far the dirtiest as well. Several players suffered career-ending injuries playing against them. Johnny Giles, all 5ft 5ins of him, was the worst offender.

The club and their most deluded fans have been reviled since those days.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
why did all refs in those days look like clowns in baggy trousers and look as if they came off
the front of chemistry set?

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I like the fact that Don Revie strolls onto the pitch with a blanket over his arm, as if asking where the nearest tea shop can be found. Jose Mourinho would be foaming at the mouth!
#

Yes....but did you see Revie giving the linesman a gentle pat on the back hoping he might get the decision changed after talks with ref?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

This. It's a win-win for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here