Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will failure to reach the play-offs or better mean you won't renew?

Will missing out on the play-offs or better mean you won't renew?

• Won't renew if we miss out

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Will renew even if we don't make it

Votes: 187 87.4%
  • other - please state

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Other. I don't have a season ticket. But if we don't make the play-offs, I might very well be able to get one where I want.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Despite the doom mongers only a few won't renew and I'm sure there will be new STH's to replace them..

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Sorry for the negative response but I wouldn't renew if we became a poor side with poor football whilst I had to sit.

If I could stand and therefore enjoy the atmosphere and culture that creates, then the football wouldn't matter!

While I'm made to sit done like in a theatre, then the production needs to be entertaining.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any chance that instead of posting endless threads about other peoples intentions, the OP could give everyone his view?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I don't think I'll renew. I think I'll be going up a price range, moving from U18 to adults, which I can't really justify. Added to the fact that none of my mates are renewing, as there isn't that match day buzz as there once was/work. I think I'll only renew if we get playoffs, will definitely renew if we go up though.

On an added factor here, my birthday is January next year, when I'll be 18, does anyone know if I'll get away with U18 the whole season or will I have to pay for an adult ticket?

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I do believe some people won't renew this time.

I do believe some new people will buy season tickets.

I do think the majority will renew. We will therefore likely have a similar number of season ticket holders next.

I ****ing love the championship. I look forward to every game, I love the Albion, I love the idea of a sustainable future and find the Leeds / Bolton / Leicester financial model utterly laughable.

OOOOOhhhhhh - you spent that much money to up!!!

OOOHhhhhh - you've come back down again.

OOOOOOhhhh - you're in adminstration

Ooooohhh - you're in league 1

Ooooohhh - wave goodbye to the next ten years trying to get back.

Following Brighton at the moment is like being in a sex club and being faithful to your other half. God Almights it's tempting and Christ on a bike you;d love a chance to have a go on that.

But ultimately you know that short term pleasure results in long term agony and pain.

Let'sface it - do those parachute payments really result in the holy grail for one season up then back down?

NOt really. On which premise I'd rather wait, go up properly and then have a decent shot at staying up.

In short - like Tony I am here for the long term. But then Ive been a season ticket holder since 1991 so the current fair on offering is just a world apart from anything i ve seen before.

but one isn't allowed to say that as we should not be grateful for where we are.

well……………………..I am.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So why start another negative thread !

It was meant to show the exact opposite.

A lot of the negativity i have read in this site recently seems to be as a result of people worrying that people won't renew and that we need to go up or reach the play-offs or else they will give up and leave. The point of this was to show that whilst it would be good to go up, or to get very close again, it isn't a key decision in whether someone has a ST or not. Hopefully the poll results will back this view, so far the comments back this up

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Any chance that instead of posting endless threads about other peoples intentions, the OP could give everyone his view?

What? just my only 2 threads started like this in about 2 years?

See my response in the previous post above for my view (#49)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
It was meant to show the exact opposite.

A lot of the negativity i have read in this site recently seems to be as a result of people worrying that people won't renew and that we need to go up or reach the play-offs or else they will give up and leave. The point of this was to show that whilst it would be good to go up, or to get very close again, it isn't a key decision in whether someone has a ST or not. Hopefully the poll results will back this view, so far the comments back this up

Its a none thread in my opinion ( yes I know I have taken the bait and contributed) there are only two reasons why you wouldn't renew.

1) jcl
2) financial

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Cost is the issue for me. Put the tickets up in line with inflation and I'm there. If that nice Mr Barber starts getting greedy..... well then I shall have to give the matter some serious thought.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If the West Coastway trains do not improve, I will not be buying a season ticket. It is only 10 miles from Shoreham and I spend more time getting to and from the match as the match itself.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Whether I renew or not is purely financial

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'll be renewing but moving seat to get away from the MORON who sits next to me. No doubt I'll get another MORON instead.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Will not be renewing but purely financial. The football for me is boring this season, but has not influenced my decision at all.
Will get to a game as and when finances allow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here