Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
If he and family drove to Durham then did they stop for any reason thus exposing others. When in the public eye you have to obsessively follow the guidelines or face criticism. But were any guidelines broken? Certainly not a sensible action in the circumstances . There are questions to be answered about this incident but Mr Cummings will be there until Boris goes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
There's already a massive thread in the Covid sub-section.

Basically many are attacking the government.
Some are pointing out Dom is clearly a better parent than those people who stayed at home, as per the government instructions while parents and family members died.

Classic Dom.

Ah hadn’t seen. Many thanks. (You too [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]). humbly retract my earlier jibe :blush:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hancock et al backing him up on Twitter. Eviscerated by Charlie Brooker.

This is a total disgrace which is not going to be spun away.

Piers Moron has gone UP in my estimations for a change.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course the inherent implication in the Government's response that Cummings broke lockdown "because he cares about his family" is that those of us who have observed lockdown don't. They obviously haven't been smart enough to realise this yet.

Several high profile QCs now saying that because the Attorney General has said it's fine it means any criminal now has an ideal "get out of jail free" card that they committed their crime because they care for their family, and that's now an entirely acceptable argument.

I know what we need to dig us out of this complete clusterf***, let's get Suella Braverman in to help :shootself

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hancock et al backing him up on Twitter. Eviscerated by Charlie Brooker.

This is a total disgrace which is not going to be spun away.

Piers Moron has gone UP in my estimations for a change.

Charlie Brooker was risking losing his blue tick earlier.

charlie-kuenssberg.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blow Job will most certainly NOT throw him under a bus. He pretty much owes everything re the exalted and totally undeserved heights he's achieved to the machiavellian schemer/manipulator Rasputin, sorry Cummings.

Absolutely this. Who would write all those catchy slogans with Cummings gone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely this. Who would write all those catchy slogans with Cummings gone?

Or set out policies.
Control departmental budgets.
Have the final say on hiring/firing cabinet posts.

Still we get who we voted for...

...oh.

Yoda

English & European
There's already a massive thread in the Covid sub-section.

Basically many are attacking the government.
Some are pointing out Dom is clearly a better parent than those people who stayed at home, as per the government instructions while parents and family members died.

Classic Dom.

If that were the case, why is it not Government advise for everyone to do this is showing symptoms? One rule for them and one for the sheep. :angry:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
there is no accountability anymore, so this isn't a problem. we've seen with all the lying and duplicitous behaviour of the last four years that people in government can do anything they want and get away with it. whether it's theass lies of the Brexit vote, the arcuri affair, the suppression of the Russia report, the murderous austerity policies, the lies told week in week out at the daily press briefings since this all started and now this, it's clear that there's just no standards for those in public office anymore. and on top of that, culprits get the favour of having the BBC's chief political editor shill for them after having been caught out. what's the point in complaining anymore, nobody cares

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
As Keir Starmer appears to of been under-estimated especially at the despatch box , where is the cummings ? not plotting a strategy to get Boris back on track but dodging reporters on his front door, not a good look......funny though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At first I thought it was nothing as he was doing what he thought was best by his kid. But what he did contravened official guidance. The kid shouldn't have been near grandparents.

Except, of course, that the medical officer said that there were circumstances in which it would be okay to make other arrangements.

So it's a grey area, and it's an example of the confusing rules.

I'm not really angry about it when I take the politics away. My thoughts said pretty much the same as the police, simply that it was an unwise thing to do.

It doesn't make my thoughts about his role in power any different. He needs to go anyway, he has no place in our government.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At first I thought it was nothing as he was doing what he thought was best by his kid. But what he did contravened official guidance. The kid shouldn't have been near grandparents.

Except, of course, that the medical officer said that there were circumstances in which it would be okay to make other arrangements.

So it's a grey area, and it's an example of the confusing rules.

I'm not really angry about it when I take the politics away. My thoughts said pretty much the same as the police, simply that it was an unwise thing to do.

It doesn't make my thoughts about his role in power any different. He needs to go anyway, he has no place in our government.

1. In the other thread, his wife, who writes for the Spectator, made out they had stayed in London throughout, in her article in April.
2. She has a brother in London who could have looked after his nephew if they were desperate for child care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here