Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Cummings clearly said in his explanation on the Rose Garden that he and his wife had never had a Covid test. I find this very odd given his interactions with senior members of government.

Sounds more and more like they were just on their hollibobs for a few days then. Which makes the ensuing cover up even more outrageous and scary

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's pretty clear by now that Cummings is safe no matter what. He could tie Black Rod to a pole and fellate him live on TV and Johnson would claim that dear old Dom's hand and mouth slipped and the todger and camera should never have been there in the first place.

The much bigger quesiton for me is will the country forgive them at the next election? If Brexit goes badly we could be looking at decades of Labour rule under Starmer.

Well, can I spar with you on this one, but first, yes, I agree the key question is with the public, but on to sparring:
1, Labour don't get decades of ruling. That 13 years of New Labour was a one-off.
2, Covid-19 is going disastrously, and I'm surprised that the public hasn't really quite twigged how awfully it's going and it's this that's likely to dominate attention in the years (decades?) ahead...
3, ... so it's CV19 that will likely cause the government's downfall/replacement
4, Brexit is likely to go badly, but it will be swallowed up by CV19 and its timescale means that its association with this government will be somewhat limited
5, if Brexit does go badly (compounded by CV19) and Starmer gains power, then the public will increasingly begin to associate developments with Starmer and not this bunch of shysters whose complicity will be minimised by the majority of the media, who will be desperate to get the Tories back in power so that their owners taxes are kept low, and they can continue peddling their own insular view of the world.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, can I spar with you on this one, but first, yes, I agree the key question is with the public, but on to sparring:
1, Labour don't get decades of ruling. That 13 years of New Labour was a one-off.
2, Covid-19 is going disastrously, and I'm surprised that the public hasn't really quite twigged how awfully it's going and it's this that's likely to dominate attention in the years (decades?) ahead...
3, ... so it's CV19 that will likely cause the government's downfall/replacement
4, Brexit is likely to go badly, but it will be swallowed up by CV19 and its timescale means that its association with this government will be somewhat limited
5, if Brexit does go badly (compounded by CV19) and Starmer gains power, then the public will increasingly begin to associate developments with Starmer and not this bunch of shysters whose complicity will be minimised by the majority of the media, who will be desperate to get the Tories back in power so that their owners taxes are kept low, and they can continue peddling their own insular view of the world.

Spar away

1) There hasn't been a 4-5 year (or one term) of one particular colour since Thatcher took power. 2010 was Tory lite but still Tory led. Once a "colour" assumes power they tend to keep it (though Starmer may have to do a deal with the SNP)

2 - 4 I don't disagree. But take a very broken country and add Brexit to it to break it some more and the public will have had enough. The CV19 enquiries may cause the government to lose popularity but Brexit could well be the catalyst for real revolution as the red wall comes back when they realise they've been lied to. Basically I see both things together doing for Johnson and Cummings.

5) Yes, that's what the Tories do. See also the global recession caused by bankers was really a local one caused by Labour. But Starmer isn't Corbyn and I'd hope that people might prove to have attention spans greater than those of a gnat. We'll see.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not so good to see your usual practice of deliberately misrepresenting other peoples posts continues. :facepalm:

Has it occurred to you that I always quote your posts (in full, unedited, something that sadly, you haven't always managed to maintain) and answer them. If that is misinterpreting your posts, maybe you should think about what you post in the first place :shrug:

Remember, it's the internet, it's always there in black and white :bigwave:

D

Deleted member 2719

Faux outrage like this?

Do you think this is normal behaviour, to hunt in a pack over a person who has caused NO harm, to anyone and he is actually doing his best to make a difference, he hasn't broke the social distancing rule.

Maybe you should pop over to https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?380288-Corbyn-trumps-Cummings/
It's strange that some of the lynch mob have avoided the thread.

It's all political and Boris has rightly had enough of it now and smashed the ball over the medias head and out for a six.
It's a closed case, I thought you had more reason within GB, please don't join the hyenas it really is a dead-end street.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you think this is normal behaviour, to hunt in a pack over a person who has caused NO harm, to anyone and he is actually doing his best to make a difference, he hasn't broke the social distancing rule.

Maybe you should pop over to https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?380288-Corbyn-trumps-Cummings/

It's all political and Boris has rightly had enough of it now and smashed the ball over the medias head and out for a six.
It's a closed case, I thought you had more reason within GB, please don't join the hyenas it really is a dead-end street.

Admit it, your fishing bait didn’t catch many.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Next election a long way away but 2-4 are quite likely, but Starmer will only succeed by dumping Momentum and the far left. If he does, he is likely to have a real shot at this

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I would think your obsession with Corbyn is a bit of an issue you should get help with.

I don't see anyone one that thread defending him, it's actually the opposite. Nice try.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds more and more like they were just on their hollibobs for a few days then. Which makes the ensuing cover up even more outrageous and scary

Well it's either that or an outrageously unfortunate chain of coincidental dates:

30th March - Durham police receive reports of Cummings staying at an address in the town
30th March - Cummings' mother-in-law's birthday
12th April - Cummings drives to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight
12th April - Cumming's wife's birthday

What's the chances of that eh?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well it's either that or an outrageously unfortunate chain of coincidental dates:

30th March - Durham police receive reports of Cummings staying at an address in the town

Astonishing how many people are willing to pretend they believe Cumming has done no wrong. Do they think they will lose their Brexit if they face the truth?

Someone on Twitter suggested if you are contacted for Track and trace, tell them you've been hanging out with Dominic Cummings, keep the bugger In Lockdown as long as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Diane Abbott must feel a right **** after apologising for drinking a can of Mojito on a tube.

Mind you, Rupert Murdoch was offended. So.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Strange how the dates coincide
I would imagine that with Boris feeling ill at the end of March, and in hospital from the 5th April till the12th April, Cummings made himself scarce because
allegedly there is only Boris within the cabinet/ No 10 that has any time for him.
So p**s off to mum and dads for a break and make up a load of cock and bull Covid stories.

D

Deleted member 2719

Admit it, your fishing bait didn’t catch many.

It did exactly as I thought.
It proved that the political hyenas even bottled the thread or would not admit Jezza's flouted the most crucial rule of all, even my neighbour's cat knows that rule.
Like I have always said it's desperation from Smarmer and the gang.
Jezza needs to walk now.

I would think your obsession with Corbyn is a bit of an issue you should get help with.

I don't see anyone one that thread defending him, it's actually the opposite. Nice try.
Jezza does keep put himself in situations, doesn't he?
I also see most avoiding the question,or making NO shows, they know what he did is off the scale to what Cummings did.

Any way we can do garden visits now, let's see the positives from now Mr Gammon.

Are you up for a 2-metre barbie???

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It did exactly as I thought.
It proved that the political hyenas even bottled the thread or would not admit Jezza's flouted the most crucial rule of all, even my neighbour's cat knows that rule.
Like I have always said it's desperation from Smarmer and the gang.
Jezza needs to walk now.

Jezza does keep put himself in situations, doesn't he?
I also see most avoiding the question,or making NO shows, they know what he did is off the scale to what Cummings did.

Any way we can do garden visits now, let's see the positives from now Mr Gammon.

Are you up for a 2-metre barbie???

Only one I see is the one you highlight. And people said Corbyn was wrong. Your fishing trip didn't work. Plus you do not seem to have read what people have put on your thread.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Next election a long way away but 2-4 are quite likely, but Starmer will only succeed by dumping Momentum and the far left. If he does, he is likely to have a real shot at this

(sigh) Momentum represent fewer than 10% of Labour members (and they've had people leave the party since Starmer was elected - it's a really, really small part of the party

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
(sigh) Momentum represent fewer than 10% of Labour members (and they've had people leave the party since Starmer was elected - it's a really, really small part of the party

And far left. Also % doesn’t necessarily equal influence. And perception matters. But hopefully you are right, the shambles we have seen over recent years has been proven to be unelectable

D

Deleted member 2719

Only one I see is the one you highlight. And people said Corbyn was wrong. Your fishing trip didn't work. Plus you do not seem to have read what people have put on your thread.

I see no outrage or public flogging of Jezza and he did a far more dangerous thing that is 100% accurate.

Look back at the vitriol that has been flying around Cummings and I defy you not to say its insane.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry for the poor english...

This is what I couldn't understand about yourself and people like my brother who voted leave and endorsed the ERG/UKIP position. One look at these people's (the ERG) past record shows that they were and are only interested in themselves and their track record e.g. their disdain for the NHS was/is a clear sign of what they want to do to shape the country. In my opinion when it came to the EU or the ERG/UKIP group then the EU is/was the lesser of two evils
I have never disdained the NHS. It is one of our finest institutions, a monument to the best government we ever had (Attlee's). I've spent almost the whole of my working life in public service, including some years working foir the NHS. My admiration for the NHS and my commitment to public service are not incompatible with wanting to leave the EU. It is possible to have an NHS without the EU, you know - we had it for years before we joined them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here