Will Cummings go?

Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
If you were not bothered by this whole saga you wouldn’t be on here ... but here you are ... bless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not the point though I'm merely pointing out the ones that are , I know it winds some people up to the point of faux outrage, on the plus side you got four thumbs up for your effort :D
Regards
DF

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As well as twitter which apparently doesn't count ..

The Prime Minister has treated the British people with contempt.

One rule for Dominic Cummings, another for everybody else. pic.twitter.com/XIFCztZnbu

— Keir Starmer (@Keir_Starmer) May 24, 2020

This was a test of the Prime Minister and he has failed it.

It is an insult to sacrifices made by the British people that Boris Johnson has chosen to take no action against Dominic Cummings.

The public will be forgiven for thinking there is one rule for the Prime Minister’s closest adviser and another for the British people.

The Prime Minister’s actions have undermined confidence in his own public health message at this crucial time.

After a week when the Prime Minister has taken his eye off the ball, it is now time to focus on the task at hand.

The nation’s health must come first.https://t.co/429X3H1r4Q

— Keir Starmer (@Keir_Starmer) May 27, 2020

"If I were Prime Minister, I would have sacked Cummings."

Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer has called for an investigation into accusations Dominic Cummings broke lockdown rules, saying Boris Johnson is "treating the British public with contempt."

More: https://t.co/zRpwDBAG5n pic.twitter.com/grGJ9OeLgo

— SkyNews (@SkyNews) May 24, 2020

... there are numerous other examples ..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-dominic-cummings-broke-22097178

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-dominic-cummings-test-lockdown-a9530711.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-52793379/starmer-pm-treating-public-with-contempt

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...tical-tweets-about-dominic-cummings-6pplj8sxh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/k...06/Video-Keir-Starmer-PM-sacked-Cummings.html

Yes, I accept Corbyn would have been more aggressive/attack minded/clumsy but suggesting Starmer/Labour aren't exploiting the government's difficulties is simply untrue. It's part of his/their job after all.

Good to see you getting lots of practice defending the indefensible Cummings, ready for when Johnson puts the Irish sea border in :thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Australian govt. managed to get the covid app up and running a month ago ....it now has 6 million subscribers ....myself not included.

why is Britain so shit at this stuff , surely it has to be deliberate...??

It's called English exceptionalism.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He'd have problems doing that ...Black Rod is a woman

I don't think there's any doubt that Brexit will go badly - even Farage said there'd be a short term hit (and that was before Covid-19 and the vote for the most incompetent PM in modern times). The question is how deep will it be and how long will it last.

As i said earlier, the disaster of Brexit will be the excuse for Cassius Gove and Brutus Hunt to sharpen their knives

I remember when my female boss told me 'the information had better be right as my (her) cock was on the block'. She was a pretty tough South African so maybe they are made differently.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well after enjoying a few hours fishing I'm sad to say the usual suspects on here stil having faux outrage clearly have nothing better to do

Regards
DF

No fake outrage here . Cummings is a f*cking disgrace. The NHS front-line has has put its life on the line and he and the bumbling buffoon are just taking the piss out of them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One of the oddest things about this saga is we don't know whether him or his wife actually had it.

Leaving his wife aside for a moment...

Boris Johnson gets positive test PRIOR to hospital admission.

Matt Hancock get positive test and NO hospital admission. He's also confirmed he has taken a positive anti-body test yesterday.

Cummings son gets tested at upon leaving hospital (but odd because the tests aren't suitable for under 5s) and is allowed home. Presumably negative ?

The wife has similar symptoms to son (vomiting) but there is no mention of test.

Cummings has had no test.

At the centre of Goverment, but did he just tested like the Prime Minister and Health Secretary ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But, given the difficulty that the government is in, Labour have been remarkably quiet (and, remember, Parliament is sitting this week so what other opportunities are there to make a noise?)

If you go back to my original post on the subject, I said that there are lot of tweets from people saying that he hasn't done enough - I've not seen a single one saying that he's been too agressive or too vocal.

Remarkably quiet or having difficulty getting heard as their criticisms are already being made from numerous other sources?

Many on social media have been in full lynch mob mode so unsurprising they want a more robust (Corbynesque) approach. I think they've played it quite well so far.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, it's a difficult one isn't it. There's an old saying, I believe originating in India, that goes, "My enemy's enemy is my friend". Labour leavers, like myself, aren't comfortable voting for Johnson (as I did) on the grounds that all other parties would not 'get Brexit done' - or even happen at all; they'd either ignore the referendum (Lib Dems) or have 'People's vote' after 'People's vote' until they got the 'right' answer (Labour).
I'd never heard of Cummings until recently; Gove I always had down as a slimey *******, back-stabbing his hobby of choice. Boris - the lesser of several evils - but he still has my reluctant support (even more reluctant following his inexcusable defence of his slimey friend) - until we are finally and irrevocably out of the EU, then I'll be happy to join in the back stabbing (by voting Labour, not for Gove)!

Thank you. While (of course) I accept other views I do worry that many people voted for Brexit not because their views were different to mine but because they didn't really have any views at all, certainly not considered ones - their reasons for voting as they did were almost entirely visceral. This doesn't apply to everyone and I hope it doesn't apply to you, but I do worry that a committed Brexiteer, happy see a government he dislikes take his country in a direction he doesn't want as long as it got Britain out of the EU, hadn't heard of Dominic Cummings, the man who ran the entire Leave campaign. Sorry.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of the oddest things about this saga is we don't know whether him or his wife actually had it.

Leaving his wife aside for a moment...

Boris Johnson gets positive test PRIOR to hospital admission.

Matt Hancock get positive test and NO hospital admission. He's also confirmed he has taken a positive anti-body test yesterday.

Cummings son gets tested at upon leaving hospital (but odd because the tests aren't suitable for under 5s) and is allowed home. Presumably negative ?

The wife has similar symptoms to son (vomiting) but there is no mention of test.

Cummings has had no test.

At the centre of Goverment, but did he just tested like the Prime Minister and Health Secretary ?
Cummings clearly said in his explanation on the Rose Garden that he and his wife had never had a Covid test. I find this very odd given his interactions with senior members of government.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Gawd every time I hear that lying, obnoxious, arrogant pig of an excuse for a Prime Minister on the radio I want to.....aaarrrrrgggghhhh! I’d almost rather listen to Trump than him, or hear someone from the Black Country say ‘Curly Wurly’ over and over and over. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!

:rant::shootself

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remarkably quiet or having difficulty getting heard as their criticisms are already being made from numerous other sources?

Probably a bit of both

Many on social media have been in full lynch mob mode so unsurprising they want a more robust (Corbynesque) approach. I think they've played it quite well so far.

Yes, there are lot of disgruntled Corbynistas out there. Strangely, I don't think he'd have been much more vocal if he'd been leader either - it was a common complaint from the non-Corbyn wing of the party that he wasn't aggressive enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here