Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Mouldy, I think you are morphing into Boris Johnston
So needy and desperate for affirmation
But still relentlessly spouting obfuscation and gibberish.....

It's only unclear to the visionless.

Oh and Lever I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed you. :kiss:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Stop being a dick and trying to score cheap points, most people referred to serving down in 'Bosnia' or Yugoslavia in the early 90s regardless of if they ever went near the actual land or place. I've done the same as 'Patrolling the Adriatic enforcing UN resolutions relating to the conflict in the Former Yugoslavian Republic' tends to be a bit of a mouthful, people understand and remember more readily when you paraphrase it to 'Bosnia' which covered pretty much most of what happened down there, there's nothing heroic intended about it you're simply trying to belittle the guy posting it because he dared to disagree with you or have a different opinion.

He was at sea. A normal day in the RN.I didnt see the need frankly. Land forces, air , of course. Boarding ships looking for smuggled goods. A 'tour' Not so much.

Last edited:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
There will inevitably be differing views on NSC, whether about football, politics, music or whatever and that’s as it should be. I also understand the desire from some to ‘move on’ from the DC issue.

What I really DON’T understand is how ANYBODY with any degree of sense/intelligence/humanity can not be totally embarrassed and ashamed by the behaviour/performance of this Government since it took power just five months ago but in the last few weeks in particular. The last five days have just magnified the sheer incompetence of the PM and his abject Cabinet. Most of the best journalists are justifiably challenging them and the answers are lacking in the extreme.

I’ll try not to post any more on this topic because those who can’t see the PM’s dire behaviour now probably never will. If football does return at least we can focus more on guessing GP’s team selection again!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Also refused to let them ask experts about Cummings as said unfair for them answer political questions.

It's a press conference (with questions taken afterwards) and the journalists can ask whatever questions they like.

The scientists as civil servants can refuse to answer any question they deem to be political, but generally would give a non political answer as trained.

What the Prime Minister cannot do is refuse questions to them. It isn't his job.

It might make you feel all cuddly inside Comrade, but we this ain't North Korea.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This what Vitriol looks like when sheep are being wound up from your hateful MPs like Thornberry, Philips, Mc Donnell, Lammy, Cooper and smarter, as he is now adding fueling to the fire.

They are nothing more than a cult religion that thrives on hate. What worries me is people actually drill the hate into their kids, scary stuff.

Why don't you all except the tories are in for some time, its time for Labour to build a respectable party, but Smarmer already shown his hand, it's like hi is desperate? I thought he was supposed to be the nuts? Foolish man.

let's have 4 years of togetherness.

No.

Me neither......

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Spar away

1) There hasn't been a 4-5 year (or one term) of one particular colour since Thatcher took power. 2010 was Tory lite but still Tory led. Once a "colour" assumes power they tend to keep it (though Starmer may have to do a deal with the SNP)

2 - 4 I don't disagree. But take a very broken country and add Brexit to it to break it some more and the public will have had enough. The CV19 enquiries may cause the government to lose popularity but Brexit could well be the catalyst for real revolution as the red wall comes back when they realise they've been lied to. Basically I see both things together doing for Johnson and Cummings.

5) Yes, that's what the Tories do. See also the global recession caused by bankers was really a local one caused by Labour. But Starmer isn't Corbyn and I'd hope that people might prove to have attention spans greater than those of a gnat. We'll see.

RE 1, yes, you're right, but why start there? Beyond New Labour's 13 year rule, their longest time in power is six years, and they have only managed that twice (1945-51 and 1964-70). Factor in the distinct possibility of Scottish independence, and the only chance of retaining power is from a realignment of the non-Tory parties. The Lib Dems have done their best to condemn themselves to oblivion courtesy of Zuckerberg's current public stooge. Once people become aware of what the anthropocene is, and the effects of climate change start to bite, more will be attracted to the Greens, but they're unlikely to pick up many seats and, without PR, their only role will be to take marginal support away from the party challenging the Tories (in c98% of seats, Labour).

RE 2-4, what you (and I) see doesn't really matter, it's what the electorate think and do ...

RE 5 ... and, no, I don't have high hopes for the public's attention span

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
test.jpg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This what Vitriol looks like when sheep are being wound up from your hateful MPs like Thornberry, Philips, Mc Donnell, Lammy, Cooper and smarter, as he is now adding fueling to the fire.

They are nothing more than a cult religion that thrives on hate. What worries me is people actually drill the hate into their kids, scary stuff.

Why don't you all except the tories are in for some time, its time for Labour to build a respectable party, but Smarmer already shown his hand, it's like hi is desperate? I thought he was supposed to be the nuts? Foolish man.

https://youtu.be/Qn_sdhIvpSE

Oh Mouldy
...and you were doing so well with spellcheck
...still hopelessly seeking approval I see....

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Being at sea on a ship in the RN is fairly normal. So, not sure what he's on about, or what he expected.
I suppose adding 'Bosnia' into the story makes it seem more heroic, despite being mid Atlantic would have been no different for a seaman.

i know :D

i work on "boats" and also happen to know a couple of submariners (two charming, calming chaps), and some ex navy and they are not at all like he seems to sound :D

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This whole affair has confirmed that Johnson won’t be Prime Minister after the next election but we kind of knew that anyway. Will the Tories be able to force him out over the 4 years or so, that will depend on how successful Johnson is at throwing the public enquiry over the handling of Coronavirus into the long grass.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

the russia report? :lolol:

saville report? all of bungle's kids will be gainfully employed before this comes out :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

https://youtu.be/Qn_sdhIvpSE

What is going on at the moment is NOT people being wound up by the various politicians you mention, it is people being angry - very angry - about what Dominic Cummings selfishly and arrogantly did which was totally at odds with what the rest of the country has been doing. And they are angry - very angry - about Johnson's total refusal to do anything about it.

If you want 4 years of togetherness, I suggest you try and get Johnson and Cummings to do something about it. When probably the majority of people think he should resign, Cummings refuses even to apologise. And Johnson is just being totally pathetic and showing he would be lost without Cummings. It's pathetic...… and a million miles from the sort of leadership that the country needs at the moment.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It's a press conference (with questions taken afterwards) and the journalists can ask whatever questions they like.

The scientists as civil servants can refuse to answer any question they deem to be political, but generally would give a non political answer as trained.

What the Prime Minister cannot do is refuse questions to them. It isn't his job.

It might make you feel all cuddly inside Comrade, but we this ain't North Korea.

Do get strange replies on here. Disagreeing with with majority is not the right thing to do on this board. On occasions I listen to press conference I and would think most are looking for updates and way forward

D

Deleted member 2719

I think you should acknowledge the pathos in your posts.
If you need affection that much, why not get yourself a pet.

That's illegal; you really ought to stop now before you incriminate yourself.

D

Deleted member 2719

What is going on at the moment is NOT people being wound up by the various politicians you mention, it is people being angry - very angry - about what Dominic Cummings selfishly and arrogantly did which was totally at odds with what the rest of the country has been doing. And they are angry - very angry - about Johnson's total refusal to do anything about it.

If you want 4 years of togetherness, I suggest you try and get Johnson and Cummings to do something about it. When probably the majority of people think he should resign, Cummings refuses even to apologise. And Johnson is just being totally pathetic and showing he would be lost without Cummings. It's pathetic...… and a million miles from the sort of leadership that the country needs at the moment.
There is No case to answer the police are not interested, cummings has obeyed the social distance rule, have you?
Corbyn hasn't, and other labour MPs have not stuck to the rules.
This thread should be finished, come and join in on the Corbyn trumps Cummings thread; it's a bit like a ghost town over there, I can't think why.
The anger needs to stop, as the mental bullying is far worse than what cummings did, did they know its mental health week?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There is No case to answer the police are not interested, cummings has obeyed the social distance rule, have you?
Corbyn hasn't, and other labour MPs have not stuck to the rules.
This thread should be finished, come and join in on the Corbyn trumps Cummings thread; it's a bit like a ghost town over there, I can't think why.
The anger needs to stop, as the mental bullying is far worse than what cummings did, did they know its mental health week?

It is not a question of "no case to answer". Which is why I mentioned the SPIRIT of the law. Other people were making enormous sacrifices and Cummings trod all over everyone, the implications of which mean he is treating everyone else as idiots.
I couldn't give a toss about what Jeremy Corbyn is doing. Johnson was shaking hands with people - and boasting about it - after social distancing was introduced. What a surprise that he caught it.
Cummings and Johnson are causing the anger. During our "applause" tonight, I was talking to two neighbours, both of whom are lifelong conservatives, and both of whom have even served as Parish Councillors. Both are furious - more angry than I am - that Cummings is still in post. One of them, whom I have known for thirty years plus, actually said "They're taking us for a f**king ride, treating us like idiots".

…. And I know you won't take the slightest notice of any of this. I suspect you are on a different planet.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Boris stated this crisis poorly and gets worse by the week
Has chosen a cabinet of lightweights in the main.

Bizarre that he clings on to Dominic who will surely sink his electoral chances

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have never disdained the NHS. It is one of our finest institutions, a monument to the best government we ever had (Attlee's). I've spent almost the whole of my working life in public service, including some years working foir the NHS. My admiration for the NHS and my commitment to public service are not incompatible with wanting to leave the EU. It is possible to have an NHS without the EU, you know - we had it for years before we joined them!

Of course its its possible to have a NHS without the EU as you said BUT that's not the point i was making and which you are skirting round. Boris and his gang care nothing for the NHS and its not safe in their hands whether we are in the EU or outside it however they have been voted in again because of Brexit when people should have focused on key things like the NHS. On a secondary point not sure when you were last in hospital but I have spent many days in various hospitals (not for me) in their critical care areas and they are full of EU staff. On one ward 90% of the team were from an EU background. Yes you could argue we should be filling posts from within or can just ship in from Philippines etc but that will still put a massive drain on the resource in the short term

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports