Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley in demand

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how many of Team Buckley would welcome back an employee who'd taken months and months of wages from them in sick pay, and then done a half arsed job when available?

Only then, a year later have that employees CV turns up on their desk.
I'd imagine words like 'my' 'over' 'body' & 'dead' would be used.

Yet Tony is expected to welcome Buckley back as the saviour of the Albion.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Has he been injured a lot at Sunderland ?

I know a lot was made of the difference between our training facilities and that of the Amex pitch as a reason for him struggling injury wise.

Would that now be different as the new training facilities are open ?... or am I just being way too optimistic on his injury situation... proabably

You mean only play him in home matches......?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Superb player when fit, just a problem keeping him fit (and apparently interested)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have down that he played 29, 30 and 35 championship games in 3 seasons.

Is that "always crocked"?

Sure, it's not 40 games, but I think there is a slight misconception.

Where are you getting these figures? 35 games in his last season, finding that hard to believe.

Edit according to Wikipedia he played 32 games in his last season. Really struggling to believe this. Are there stats as to how many full games and sub appearances he made?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Where are you getting these figures? 35 games in his last season, finding that hard to believe.

Edit according to Wikipedia he played 32 games in his last season. Really struggling to believe this. Are there stats as to how many full games and sub appearances he made?

34games, 3goals, 4 assists - 10 substitutes on, 17 substitutes off and 2.169' total minutes in 13/14 season apparently.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Figures are for LEAGUE matches only, excluding play-offs:-

2011-12: 16 starts + 13 sub appearances
2012-13: 28 starts + 8 sub appearances
2013-14: 20 starts + 10 sub appearances

Total: 64 starts + 31 sub appearances

Meaning he started 46% of possible league matches, coming on as a sub in another 22% of matches, and taking some part in two-thirds of possible games.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why would anyone take him back after he took the piss and he's got jelly hamstrings and to be frank his best days were a long time back.

Wouldn't want the **** anywhere near the club and bridcutt and many of the other ex players that our idiot fans keep wanting back.

Yet again I find myself agreeing with sir albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Steve Penney got voted Albion's best winger and he was injured even more.

I must admit that both Lualua and Buckley rarely played to their potential. Lualua even more so to me as he does not run into space. Both had an injury record of about the same.

This is more than just the matches, it is the training time they miss as well.

On the opposite side of things, both players are so quick they cause the opposition to take special measures to stop them.

I think Hughton might be better at communication and could get the better out of both players, if he had the chance.

But most of all we could use a speed merchant to give the opposition something to worry about. .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Steve Penney got voted Albion's best winger and he was injured even more.

I must admit that both Lualua and Buckley rarely played to their potential. Lualua even more so to me as he does not run into space. Both had an injury record of about the same.

This is more than just the matches, it is the training time they miss as well.

On the opposite side of things, both players are so quick they cause the opposition to take special measures to stop them.

I think Hughton might be better at communication and could get the better out of both players, if he had the chance.

But most of all we could use a speed merchant to give the opposition something to worry about. .

All if this, was staggered Penney got the vote, talk about short term memories. Poor delivery, injured frequently and scared of the penalty area.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd have him back in a heartbeat, running down the wing for me ... do do do-do-do

I know people on here love to dismiss ex-players as suddenly rubbish the moment they leave our club, but that is just not the case, Buckley was excellent, and would instant improve our chances if he returned.
But he was rubbish more often than not for us. He just couldn't be bothered and the vast majority of his injuries are in his lazy head.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Buckley's sensational debut at the Amex carried him for the rest of his career at BHA. In truth, he flattered to deceive most of the time and some of the posters on here are tending to wear rose-tinted specs. Being fairly tall for a winger ( a la Glen Little ) it puts a particular strain on the body. Buckley has a very upright style, when aiming to push past people. KLL, is shorter and stockier and pushes off much better, like a sprinter, keeping low to the ground. Buckley overstretches too quickly, putting knee joints under strain and increasing the likelihood of pulling muscles. He does damage just pushing off, before getting into his stride. His style and cadence are all wrong and it will plague him all his career. Any talent he has will be negated by the physiology of his body

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here