Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Wilfried Zaha

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As others have said, the only positive thing Albion fans can say about Zaha is that he gets the rivalry and it means something.

Palace would've been relegated years ago without Zaha as their perennial talisman. He's been that important to them.

But that's as far as any Albion appreciation could ever go with Zaha.

The histrionics, the diving and the petulance doesn't do him any favours. And he's so easy to wind up and take his mind off the game.

He'll always be very much on the other side of the fence to us. Just like them with Dunk, that'll never change even after retirement.

You pick your side and the die is cast.

Murray is, of course, the exception to prove the rule. But even then he chose us twice and wouldn't have left given the right deal.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Zaha to us is Dunk to them (and Maupay now). All part of football pantomime. Probably a nice chap off the football pitch!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Yep he plays for Palace and by implication is a **** but I'd have him in our team without hesitation (and Gallagher by the way).

Absolutely not. He's a has-been that never really was. Gallagher I'd take, but the scum can keep Dwayne Dibley.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd much rather have Gallagher. Zaha pouts and postures, but in the end what does he actually produce? For the money they pay him, Palace are entitled to expect a lot more, I'd say.

I’d even say he had a part that cost them that game. Wasn’t exactly busting a gut to beat Veltman to the ball

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zaha to us is Dunk to them (and Maupay now). All part of football pantomime. Probably a nice chap off the football pitch!

Absolutely isn’t he’s an oddball it seems - look at all the weird social media stuff and his ‘friends’ etc etc - lots of evidence he’s arrogant etc…

The fact he ran at our fans rather than celebrate (a ****ing pen too not that hard to score eh) shows what a cock he is. So so so so glad Maupay scored and did the same - Zaha is a pure **** and always will be. Scum.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Karma is a bitch [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
f0431c2de0fbcb8f42f5114a9beda3ad.jpg

More relevant thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f0431c2de0fbcb8f42f5114a9beda3ad.jpg

More relevant thread

I swear I watched him just rolling his shorts up to try and look cool and show off his tattoos - did **** all else! Such a dick :lol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Veltman and Zaha one of the all time great Albion photos.

Should have it up on the concourses

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Maupay did such an excellent job of winding him up.

Doing exactly what Zaha did, after scoring the decisive goal of the game and then smiling at him, to make him blow his top.

Zaha might get it and does perform against us, but when it comes to shithousery, there is only one winner.

I don't think he does perform vs us though. He's normally awful, just gets easy penalty goals

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I don't think he does perform vs us though. He's normally awful, just gets easy penalty goals

We're all partisan but that's just ridiculous lol! What is it 8 goals against us, 5 in 5 at Selhurst? Top strikers would be proud of those stats.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As others have said, the only positive thing Albion fans can say about Zaha is that he gets the rivalry and it means something.

Palace would've been relegated years ago without Zaha as their perennial talisman. He's been that important to them.

But that's as far as any Albion appreciation could ever go with Zaha.

The histrionics, the diving and the petulance doesn't do him any favours. And he's so easy to wind up and take his mind off the game.

He'll always be very much on the other side of the fence to us. Just like them with Dunk, that'll never change even after retirement.

You pick your side and the die is cast.

Murray is, of course, the exception to prove the rule. But even then he chose us twice and wouldn't have left given the right deal.

Interesting interview with Muzza this week when he said he didn't realise the rivalry between us and Palarse during his first stint with us until we'd sold him to them. Because we were in different leagues, it never came up. If he'd known about it, could have been different.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I think there's another dimension to this. What you're seeing with Zaha is a man who has firmly entered the autumn of his career, knowing that, despite all those millions earned from the game, he will never realise all his boyhood dreams of playing at the very top level. That's quite a bitter pill to swallow.

He's like some melancholy lifer, playing out his days in HMP Selhurst, with the only highlight the opportunity twice a season to stick one over Lewis Dunk and wind up the fans of little old Brighton & Hove Albion. And yet, he really could have been a world-class contender.

He's not all bad though: apparently gives millions to charities and schemes to help poor kids in the local area. And probably kind to his mum too.

Poor old Wilf. Forever the nearly man.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I swear I watched him just rolling his shorts up to try and look cool and show off his tattoos - did **** all else! Such a dick :lol:

And apparently likes wearing red ladies stockings too....FFS, how high do you need football socks these days?!
Bless him...needing to protect his knees from any little scrazes.... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here