Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why we see performances like today!

Feb 14, 2010
Really, so out of the current squad if you were manager hardly any would play I suppose

The players would be told that with 28000 gates comes expectation, and they have to earn the right to play at such a club. Then they can either choose to be winners or failures. Well done Burnley, well done Leicester. Promoted is promoted, the rest is nowhere as long as the players understand that then they would be on the same page as me. certainly I would manage to get them to take decent free kicks and corners as they would practice after training for hours until they learnt how to do it. Time for some Clough management. No excuses.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We did lose a LOT of grit losing Crofts, Barnes and El Abd.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If as I suspect we don't get promotion I will in all honesty be relieved. Not that I (like any BHA supporter) wouldn't love to see us up there with the big guys, we just aren't ready. What's the point of going up and getting crushed on a regular basis. Not least because supporters are in the main a fickle bunch. We don't like getting off our bums, spending a wedge all to be disappointed.
If we go up, start losing on a regular basis our gates will go down and we will be whinging even more than we are today. Stay in The Championship build the team, get a player or two in, stop wasting money on loan players that we don't use. We'll get better results and be happy about it.... I think 😊

Feb 14, 2010
If as I suspect we don't get promotion I will in all honesty be relieved. Not that I (like any BHA supporter) wouldn't love to see us up there with the big guys, we just aren't ready. What's the point of going up and getting crushed on a regular basis. Not least because supporters are in the main a fickle bunch. We don't like getting off our bums, spending a wedge all to be disappointed.
If we go up, start losing on a regular basis our gates will go down and we will be whinging even more than we are today. Stay in The Championship build the team, get a player or two in, stop wasting money on loan players that we don't use. We'll get better results and be happy about it.... I think 😊

Really, so your ambition is to allow clubs like Palace and Burnley who struggle to get 13000 to pay to watch them in the Championship get promoted but a club that get 28,000 not? Really? Palace seem to have done ok as well. Really this is just an incredible lack of ambition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we go up, start losing on a regular basis our gates will go down and we will be whinging even more than we are today. Stay in The Championship build the team, get a player or two in, stop wasting money on loan players that we don't use. We'll get better results and be happy about it.... I think 

Can't agree. We'd bring in a lot of quality if we got promoted, and we seem to perform better against better sides anyhow. There's a LOT of poor teams in the Prem, we'd have a good go staying up.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I don't see how you can lay that at the door of the manager or his tactics today. We set up attacking, he spotted march was anonymous and replaced him with Buckley at half time and made 2 further attacking changes. The players were at fault today as aside from some of the most abysmal set pieces I have seen watching the albion whenever we got into wide areas we either failed to deliver a cross or decided to play an additional unneeded 2 passes and lose the ball completely.

For me Oscar did everything in his power to win that game and the players let him down
Really. So when we came out in the second half, did you notice we set up a lot more attacking. Buckley Wide, LUaLua wide, Ulloa with Lingard right behind him.

We scored and straight away Oscar spent 30 seconds getting Buckleys attention on the far side of the pitch, and it all went narrow and back to the first half tactics again. Yet when Blackpool scored five minutes later, we never reverted to the attacking set up again.

Garica's tactics do not belong in the championship. They do not belong with a squad of our capabilities.

Why do you think we are incapable of beating the bottom sides?

It can't keep being the players fault game after game.

If he was doing all in his power to win it, why take Lingard off and put Dave on with 5 minutes to go??? That move was hardly going to increase the tempo or attacking flow was it!!!

People put our boring lack of intent performanced down to the injury crisis earlier in the season. We now have probably one of the fittest squads available in the championship at the moment, yet nothings changed?

Players or managers fault?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Really, so your ambition is to allow clubs like Palace and Burnley who struggle to get 13000 to pay to watch them in the Championship get promoted but a club that get 28,000 not? Really? Palace seem to have done ok as well. Really this is just an incredible lack of ambition.

Really? I thought that is what I said. Having ambition doesn't mean we have to rush into it. IMO promotion next year will be fine for me, especially if it's firmly grounded.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We did lose a LOT of grit losing Crofts, Barnes and El Abd.
Crofts has been replaced more than adequately by Stephens, Barnes would not have started when Ulloa was fit, and El-Abd is still probably punching above his weight at Bristol City.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Childish and stupid. Meanwhile Barnes scores a goal today to fire Burnley into the Premier League.
Good point well made.

Just proves, even the shitest players can score goals when played in an attacking partnership!

How I long to see two strikers playing as striker in an Albion team. I predict if we done that all season we would be in the top two or three now. Then again it Poyet had done that last season, we would probably already be in the premiership this season.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Couldn't agree more. Cannot believe the amount of people on here who will not look beyond the Albion tinted glasses, and are happy to make excuses and settle for second best.

Feb 14, 2010
Good point well made.

Just proves, even the shitest players can score goals when played in an attacking partnership!

How I long to see two strikers playing as striker in an Albion team. I predict if we done that all season we would be in the top two or three now. Then again it Poyet had done that last season, we would probably already be in the premiership this season.

You dont order promotion like you do a new sofa and ask for a delivery date. You get players with fight, hunger and desire to win and when you get 28000 the players have to be told that we expect results and anything less than promotion is failure. Palace took their chance, as have Burnley, they didnt worry about cliched rubbish like "building blocks". The club rightly plans for the future but then its down to the players and this lot just dont seem to get it

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Sad comment mate.

With the squad and stadium we have, we are more prepared than Palace were this time last year, and they don't seem to be doing to badly at the moment.

But you just sit back and hope all the JCLs stick around to watch that shit week in week out next season.

If we go up, every game will sell out regardless of how we do.

If we stay in the championship and Oscar stays and continues to deliver this shit to the biggest paying gate outside the premiership, then sit back and watch the gates dwindle.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really. So when we came out in the second half, did you notice we set up a lot more attacking. Buckley Wide, LUaLua wide, Ulloa with Lingard right behind him.

We scored and straight away Oscar spent 30 seconds getting Buckleys attention on the far side of the pitch, and it all went narrow and back to the first half tactics again. Yet when Blackpool scored five minutes later, we never reverted to the attacking set up again.

Garica's tactics do not belong in the championship. They do not belong with a squad of our capabilities.

Why do you think we are incapable of beating the bottom sides?

It can't keep being the players fault game after game.

If he was doing all in his power to win it, why take Lingard off and put Dave on with 5 minutes to go??? That move was hardly going to increase the tempo or attacking flow was it!!!

People put our boring lack of intent performanced down to the injury crisis earlier in the season. We now have probably one of the fittest squads available in the championship at the moment, yet nothings changed?

Players or managers fault?

Garcia threw on every attacking player we had available today and still they struggled to muster a decent cross of another goal between them. 4 games ago I would agree with you about the negative tactics but since then we have not pursued with the additional holding midfielder and have setup with pace in the starting eleven. You can hardly call lingaard, march and lua lua as negative.

When players fail to cross the ball or take a set piece and Buckley misses a chance laid on a plate I find it difficult to lay that at the managers door.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The club rightly plans for the future but then its down to the players and this lot just dont seem to get it
I agree, the players clearly do not "get it"

And thats my whole point. Get a ****ing manager who will pick tactics and set up a team to SUIT HIS PLAYERS.

Look at the team we had out today. Set up correctly, those players would piss all over Burnley week in week out. But under Garica we struggle to beat the lower sides and seemingly seem happy with a point against teams in free fall.

Swap all the players we have for slightly better players if you like. But Keep Garica and his tactics and the way he sets up the team, and results and performances will remain the same.

I know we have no right to win every week and go up. But FFS at least lets play to our players strengths and give it a good go!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Garcia threw on every attacking player we had available today and still they struggled to muster a decent cross of another goal between them.
So what does that tell you?

Bear in mind this is not a one off game this happened in, its been like it all season? So what does that tell you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here