Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why we see performances like today!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So complete guess work then

Tottenham and Dunk was 3 years ago !!!

You stated the club had received enquiries for most of them

Lingard and Ward both on loan so couldn't have had an offer... Stephens only just joined the club and Dunk isn't on any premiership wanted list. So that's 4 already which is more than half the list, also yeah I would say your supposed list contains Ulloa and Buckley that's it.
FFS, do you not read? I said most of them. Dunk IS still on Spurs radar and is having tabs kept on him as of a month or so ago. Kuszczak is linked with Leicester. So add that to Buckley and Ulloa, and that's four. Spectulation, but IF we go up, I am sure they will try and sign Ward. That's would be another one. I've said about Lingard if you bother to read. I would be amazed if Stephens hasn't been watched. Doesn' matter when we sign him. I'm sure premiership clubs where watching him at Charlton.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
FFS, do you not read? I said most of them. Dunk IS still on Spurs radar and is having tabs kept on him as of a month or so ago. Kuszczak is linked with Leicester. So add that to Buckley and Ulloa, and that's four. Spectulation, but IF we go up, I am sure they will try and sign Ward. That's would be another one. I've said about Lingard if you bother to read. I would be amazed if Stephens hasn't been watched. Doesn' matter when we sign him. I'm sure premiership clubs where watching him at Charlton.

Yes I can read.

My point is however you said the club had received enquiries for most of them. That simply isn't true is it. Whist Lingard and Ward MIGHT have some clubs looking at them WE wouldn't have had any offers as they aren't out players. Stephens HASNT had an enquiry and with TK out of contract, even Premier League interest we wouldn't have had an offer !!! Plus again Tottenham apparently keeping tabs which I don't believe isn't an ENQUIRY !!

So yeah I can read, I can read how you claimed that MOST of the players on your list had been enquired about but in fact the only players that have are Ulloa and Buckley

High, hopeful balls lofted forward to Leo in the first half were never going to get us any goals.

Quite, easy peasy for Blackpool's central defenders throughout although, apart from making our goal and going close with a free header in the first half, I didn't think Ulloa had much of a game really. Compounded by poor ball retention, a lightweight midfield (not that there are many options atm), continued poor finishing and totally ineffective/anonymous performances from the two wide players that started the game. March's substitution was inevitable but Buckley, understandably, didn't look match fit; however, he really should have got his late effort on goal - very frustrating.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes I can read.

My point is however you said the club had received enquiries for most of them. That simply isn't true is it. Whist Lingard and Ward MIGHT have some clubs looking at them WE wouldn't have had any offers as they aren't out players. Stephens HASNT had an enquiry and with TK out of contract, even Premier League interest we wouldn't have had an offer !!! Plus again Tottenham apparently keeping tabs which I don't believe isn't an ENQUIRY !!

So yeah I can read, I can read how you claimed that MOST of the players on your list had been enquired about but in fact the only players that have are Ulloa and Buckley
Ok Mr Pedantic, you win. Hope my grammar was okay?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ok Mr Pedantic, you win. Hope my grammar was okay?

Wasn't being pedantic, just don't believe we have a lot of Premier league quality players.

You are right in that all that list have the ability to play at the top level. However like the team in general they are not even close to being consistent enough to make the grade. Lingard and Buckley in particular can blow hot and cold. I guess that is why they are playing championship football at this present time.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We have played like this all season at home , which is why we hardly score more than one goal a game , why do you think it would be different today ?

I know but I was rather hoping that given the fact that we needed to really win the game we might have started quickly and asserted ourselves on the game, sadly not.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fatuous statement! - there's every reason to want to go up:

1). We would be able to attract some better players (maybe only two or three, but that would still improve the team).
2). The players would learn and improve from playing against top quality teams.
3). We might not come straight back down at all.
4). Even if we did, we'd have millions of quid handed to us to build and improve for a better tilt at the prem. next time.

Win / win situation.

Not if we end up doing a Pompey because we cannot get rid of the mercenaries after relegation. I remember the bad days and don't want that to ever happen again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here