Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is it that the better we look and the closer we get the more my knees tremble?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ha ha i feel the same.

I can't remember a season where i've spent so long studying the tables and looking at stats.

I've also spent more money on buying papers and watching us on the box.

You can't help taking more of an interest in the clubs who threaten us the most. Even to the point checking stats on card counts and hoping for minor injuries.

Absolutely me too!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I had a dream the other night. I had a small fish swimming in my lunchbox (yes, I take a lunchbox to work. Deal with it). I decided to pour a little bit of red wine into the water, about half a glassful. When the fish swam in the wine, one of its eyes expoloded and it died.

If that doesn't clearly point to us marching off with the title, then I don't know what does.

My Father in Law has a Bob the Builder lunch box :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
and go on to stay unbeaten at home and we can be as sure as anyone can ever be that we will end the season exactly where we are now

That is the big thing for me this season. It does look good for promotion, so I would love it, just love it and be immensly proud to go the whole season unbeaten at home.

Even better for a personal milestone, I've been to just three away games so far this season (Charlton, P'boro & Orient), and am planning on doing Brentford, Daggers & Notts Co and would love to end the season not having seen us lose a league match.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It isn't too far-fetched to imagine that the way Gus has us playing right now will change the way lower league teams (or some of them anyway) approach the game which is in itself quite remarkable.

I think this is the Gus effect. Put yourself in the shoes of the chairman of the opposition Clubs. All you would think is - give our club some of that. Great football, enthused crowd, winning games. Happy days.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've been like this since the Huddersfield away game. I felt physically sick throughout the game and every game since I've been so nervous. Tend to calm down after we've gone a couple of goals up mind! Annoying though, I feel like I should be enjoying this, it's fantastic, but until the job is done, or so close to being done its pretty much impossible to chuck it away, I think I'm going to struggle!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I found it very amusing that loads of people were worried we would lose against Hartlepool, but then reckoned we were going to beat Stoke. People know we're good, but are scared to believe it in case it all comes crashing down.

The way we play though, its almost impossible for us not to win the league and get a lot of points. Brighton's points record is 92, that's got to be on, surely. Another 34 points from 17 games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here