Why HAS Dick Tight and his book been BANNED from the AMEX ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Although Knight stepped in to save the Albion the delays in negotiations resulted in him being financially stretched, his ego prevented him in sharing the load, so Bloom saved the situation,this aspect will be interesting reading.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Although Knight stepped in to save the Albion the delays in negotiations resulted in him being financially stretched, his ego prevented him in sharing the load, so Bloom saved the situation,this aspect will be interesting reading.

I think you are wrong, in that Tony Bloom didn't want to take over until the planning permission had been secured. Why would Dick Knight want to nearly skint himself, just for the sake of ego?
Don't forget we still had to pay Archer off whilst at Withdean.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think that this is wrong. When still at Withdean the club had a database of getting on for 40,000 names of people who had had a commercial relationship with the club - 30,000 of them went to Cardiff for the play-off final - and I'd guess that the great majority of today's adult season ticket holders were on that database and would therefore know about the club's struggles and Dick Knight. In fact, the database was the basis of the club's ticket marketing in 2009 - 2011 and I doubt that there are more than a couple of thousand complete Albion virgins among the club's present adult season ticket holders.

40,000 names over 10 years is nothing when around an eighth of them were STH.

Yes 30,000 went to Cardiff but then that was bound to happen.

We have a complete different fan base now even at away games and I really would be very surprised if they have any clue of the past.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
40,000 names over 10 years is nothing when around an eighth of them were STH.

Yes 30,000 went to Cardiff but then that was bound to happen.

We have a complete different fan base now even at away games and I really would be very surprised if they have any clue of the past.

But I wasn't saying 40000 is a lot or that 30000 at Cardiff was unexpected. I was simply saying that these were the people targeted by the club in their successful Amex ST campaign, and that few of them were Albion virgins ignorant of the club's history.

Clearly there is a difference between the active fan base now and the one at Withdean - it's four times bigger.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think you're wrong, many of the people around me did not go in the Withdean and Gillingham years but are well aware of the struggles. You'd have to have lived in a cave well outside Sussex during the lean years not to be aware of what was going on. Whether you were arsed about it is another matter.

Feb 3, 2013
At least we got to hear from him, when does TB ever say anything to us, honestly I think something is not quite right with the board at the moment with all the things about poyet happening and I'm sure this book will tell us all about it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At least we got to hear from him, when does TB ever say anything to us, honestly I think something is not quite right with the board at the moment with all the things about poyet happening and I'm sure this book will tell us all about it

LITERALLY two posts above you is a link to independent Brighton blog Not Worth That. Click on it and learn something

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Errr.............check out the website, or attend one of the fans meetings where TB has spoken, or the Albion Roar.

Or go to an away game and talk to him on the train.

No offence intended but are you really that important or have anything to say that will rock the citadel? If so what was it?
I certainly don't think I posted anything on NSC that threatened the wellbeing of the football club. I was, therefore astonished to be told that my posts were considered "libellous" by the board of directors. All I said was that the conflict between the Club and the manager had been going on for some months before the end of last season. This suggestion seems to have caused an upset, because it was a view shared by Dick Knight. But my posts were supported by other sources. And there's certainly nothing libellous about putting across such a view. It does, however, seem to have touched a raw nerve.

Interestingly, I've recently heard that Tony Bloom is now saying that the fallout with Poyet happened a good while back - which is all I was saying in the first place.

No doubt DK's book will have something to say about all this. I'm looking forward to reading his version of events.

And ... a minor point ... the only reason I'm posting anything about this episode on this thread is to round off a discussion that started with the question of whether anyone had ever felt "bullied" by the Club. Well, frankly it felt like that when I got an indirect message to the effect that the board were not going to put up with any more of my "libellous" comments on NSC.

But let's draw a line under all this and move on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has anyone seen a review copy?

I can imagine the binfest to end all binfests on here as people start reposting bits, others complaining that this is a spoiler as they haven't got to that bit yet while others squabble over the content

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I certainly don't think I posted anything on NSC that threatened the wellbeing of the football club. I was, therefore astonished to be told that my posts were considered "libellous" by the board of directors. All I said was that the conflict between the Club and the manager had been going on for some months before the end of last season. This suggestion seems to have caused an upset, because it was a view shared by Dick Knight. But my posts were supported by other sources. And there's certainly nothing libellous about putting across such a view. It does, however, seem to have touched a raw nerve.

Interestingly, I've recently heard that Tony Bloom is now saying that the fallout with Poyet happened a good while back - which is all I was saying in the first place.

No doubt DK's book will have something to say about all this. I'm looking forward to reading his version of events.

And ... a minor point ... the only reason I'm posting anything about this episode on this thread is to round off a discussion that started with the question of whether anyone had ever felt "bullied" by the Club. Well, frankly it felt like that when I got an indirect message to the effect that the board were not going to put up with any more of my "libellous" comments on NSC.

But let's draw a line under all this and move on.

In hindsight the club didn't want your opinion to become vox populi despite a blackout on the subject :smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just pre-ordered via the Amazon link at the top of the page :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports