Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Palace?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't hate them, they're not worth that much emotion, I despise them whole heartedly though. This is a team that has lived beyond their means for many years and yet few of their fans admit it. On the other hand they have made continuing disparaging remarks about us despite the fact that we have always paid our debts and are now without a doubt a vastly superior club.

:moo:tbo i quite like palace watched them a bit 70/80's???

Attachments

• scan0001 (6).jpg
    scan0001 (6).jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 410

To be honest palace and brighton are very similar in many ways during the 70's we followed the same path team wise,support wise and most importantly mob wise. Brighton would turn out for palace and palace for brighton and the result could go either way! Probaly palace had the edge from 73 til the game feb 76 then brighton had slightly the upper hand.They were the main rivals because aldershot,gillingham got swamped by brighton and teams like millwall and chelsea did the same to brighton. Millwall fans could not work out why they had to run when mixed in with a palace mob of hundreds yet a small millwall mob had not much opposition down in brighton! Reputation played a big part in those days! As i said in an earlier post i don't hate palace,they gave us some crazy times,not sure if i want my kids growing up in the same way though!:moo:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Its because they all live in south London tower blocks, or even caravans.

They are all called Nigel.

Whenever they need a pint of milk or a loaf of bread from the shops, they steal the bread and milk by smashing the shop window and then burning the shop down to the ground.

Dreadful Pikey scum.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's a historical thing.

Anyone who followed the Albion in the mid/late 70's, when Palace under dodgy Tel were the darlings of the press, and especially anyone who attended 'that' cup match will have had the dislike towards Palace ingrained in them.

They are the team that I want to see lose more than any other, except for Manchester United.
It was malcolm allison in the 70's.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are not the only one suspecting a wind up here PW

The OP is actually Glenn "I'm shitting myself" Murray trying to work out whether or not he needs to throw a sicky on the 27th or not. If only you'd done your homework before the transfer eh Glenn!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
There is something not quite right about Palace and their supporters.

The recent exposures of their ongoing dodgy dealings tells you everything you need to know about this "club".

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Selhurst Park is the only ground where there was a sign saying "Beware of Pickpockets". I was aware, but after the shove, they actually ripped the pocket from by coat and then the enforcer warned me off with a knife drawn. I mean stealing an empty pocket!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Palace were our closest rivals in the 70s & 80s & yes that cup match was when the real 'hatred' started, although not really their fault, it was a crap ref.
I will never forget that tackle by Hughton on Gerry Ryan. Gerry had him well beaten, pushed the ball on then went steaming after it. Houghton just lanched himself, studs up, at the back of Gerry's leg. The noise was like a pistol shot & you just knew something very bad had happened, his leg broken in two places. This exciting footballer never played again. From memory (perhaps someone can help here) Houghton only got booked & Copple (Place then manager) came out with c**p about his player going for the ball. Not a chance, the ball was long gone before he lauched himself at Gerry.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
El Presidente has it as well as one or two others. If you remember the 33K crowds from the mid 70s and the rubbish that went with it on and off the field during those times, Palace will be forever a club to hate.

May 16, 2011
they hate The Mighty Palace as they are envious as Palace have a bigger ground and a certain Mr Murray.
(27/09/2011 - 92nd minute and Murray heads in the winner for Crystal Palace).
BTW - where can we park our caravans on the 27th??

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Every bloke needs an irrational hatred towards something in life, they fit the bill nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here