Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Palace?

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I hate Palace because... that was I was taught in the North Stand when I was 13. Then I read the history.

My mate runs a pub in Surrey where the regulars are Palace fans and they genuinly HATE us.

And for the fact a Phil Mitchell lookalike Palace fan threw an empty cup of coffee at me at Victoria last Saturday as I was on my way to the Peterborough game.

Bring on the 27th.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Who the f*** cares what a Spurs fan thinks. And to put it in simple terms, plenty of people have posted the links on this thread already as to WHY. So go read, if you are bothered. Otherwise there is not any point in everyone writing the same old shit again and again now is there.

When you have been a fan of a club, YES in the shittest ground, or WITHOUT one for that matter. A fan of a team who have had more shite to put up with than anyone, whilst their rivals constantly take the piss out of everything to do with your club. THEN and ONLY THEN, may you come on here and tell us the price of fish, now that YES we are all a little jubilent as to our current state of affairs.

SO NOW f*** OFF.

well put...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I hate Palace because... that was I was taught in the North Stand when I was 13. Then I read the history.

My mate runs a pub in Surrey where the regulars are Palace fans and they genuinly HATE us.

And for the fact a Phil Mitchell lookalike Palace fan threw an empty cup of coffee at me at Victoria last Saturday as I was on my way to the Peterborough game.

Bring on the 27th.

At least he had the sense to drink it first. And I bet you didn't catch it.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
25th August 1974 was my first Palace game (3rd Division) at the Goldstone - we hadn't played them for at least 10 years before. We won 1-0 and the crowd from memory was > 25k, so somebody must have known something. My point is the rivalry pre-dates 1976/Mullery/Cup replay/Stamford Bridge, albeit that that game provided the catalyst from thereon in. We have had major do's with Luton, Bournemouth and Orient over the years but the fact that the Palace one has endured suggests something deep-rooted rather than being totally precipitated from the incident everyone points to in 1976. They are effectively our nearest team to have a "local" rivalry of course.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
hate them with passion, yes the main rivalry started early 70's but for me it really kicked in when we played them 5 times in 1976, 2 league games and 3 in the FA cup, FA = Brighton 2-2 Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton, Crystal Palace 1-0 Brighton. the third replay playing at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge being a neutral ground, i am sure many Chelsea fans turn up at our end in support for us but they turned on us as there were scuffles in the stand not 100 percent as only a teenager then lol, but the atmosphere was bloody tense It was also around this time that the Albion changed their nickname from 'Dolphins' to 'Seagulls' in response to Palace's 'Eagles'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here