Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Why do the media hate Brighton town so much?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Second paragraph: What an earth are you talking about?

'Scantily clad women' that made me laugh so much, what is this a football fans forum or mumsnet.com

Terribly sorry, I confused the forums. I must correct.

Cor, see the jugs on those birds. Yeah, I'd give 'er one. I reckon she's a right slut. I even liked the that foreign bird, just the sort of immergrant we need. *burp*.

My, I feel better now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ve been trying to think of anyone I know up here who has told me they have never been to Brighton and can’t think of anyone. If anything the reverse is true and it is seen as a big day/weekend out. Perhaps it is you that is believing the stereotypes. Lots of people from around the country love the culture and cafe life Brighton has to offer. Anyway this thread is just a platform for both sides in the perpetual NSC war to make cheap digs at each other so I am out of here.

Fair enough, I was going by my experience of time in the Midlands when the only person I met who'd been to Brighton had grown up in Dorset.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You read this thread and you'd think it was on the Holmesdale site. So much bitterness towards Brighton, can't be just be proud our town?

In my experience the most bitter anti Brighton types are over 50 born and bred in Brighton who look through rose tinted glasses at a ‘lost’ Brighton. We have many of those friends😀

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You read this thread and you'd think it was on the Holmesdale site. So much bitterness towards Brighton, can't be just be proud our town?

In my experience the most bitter anti Brighton types are over 50 born and bred in Brighton who look through rose tinted glasses at a ‘lost’ Brighton. We have many of those friends😀

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fair enough, I was going by my experience of time in the Midlands when the only person I met who'd been to Brighton had grown up in Dorset.

I find up here that many haven't been to London and certainly don't think there's anything beyond London.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
more like a deluded oasis in the UK, a bit like a little London set up totally unaware of its surroundings
regards
DF

Oasis a fairly good description. Especially when you look at a political map of the south east

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Nice, bloody day trippers.
12f3ccf1d623af3d95b7ece941577f4c.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yep

"Knees up Brighton town"
"I'm just going into town"

Plus it's the City of Brighton and Hove (but as per the snidey Independant example there has to be a picture of the pier in the background so everyone knows where it is...)

Next you'll be calling it Brighton Pier :facepalm: I can only assume that you're a DFL.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wahay, nice bit of casual racism on My Thursday lunch hour, the mask slips on the tolerant,educated left.

Where was the racism? I'd be careful of accusing people of being racist when there's no racism being used.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Brighton has always been a satellite of London, ‘ London by the sea’ .It’s excellent commuter links have meant a lot of trendy luvvies have made it their home, like London it has become an echo chamber. The Greens have turned My Town into a shanty town, the place is a haven for scruffy,smelly students and FBPE loons, sneering down their noses at people that had the nerve to vote to leave the busted flush of the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A tabloid overreaction.

You call Brighton 'my town' and then refer to it as 'London by the Sea', which no self-respecting Brightonian would ever do in a million years, whatever the circumstance.

We have our problems, like everywhere else, but I still love it. And always will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here