Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Why do the media hate Brighton town so much?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brighton has always been a satellite of London, ‘ London by the sea’ .It’s excellent commuter links have meant a lot of trendy luvvies have made it their home, like London it has become an echo chamber. The Greens have turned My Town into a shanty town, the place is a haven for scruffy,smelly students and FBPE loons, sneering down their noses at people that had the nerve to vote to leave the busted flush of the EU.

I like how you posted all of this and then got angry at the idea of them sneering.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton has always been a satellite of London, ‘ London by the sea’ .It’s excellent commuter links have meant a lot of trendy luvvies have made it their home, like London it has become an echo chamber. The Greens have turned My Town into a shanty town, the place is a haven for scruffy,smelly students and FBPE loons, sneering down their noses at people that had the nerve to vote to leave the busted flush of the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What is a "FBPE Loon" ?

FaceBook Physical Education ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn’t aware the media had any form of dislike for our once proud town.

Judging by the state of the place, the same can't be said of its residents.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
so you're happy with people flouting the restrictions ???
regards
DF

I couldn't see any of those ladies flouting the restrictions. Certainly not proven anyway. One suspects had their attire been more 'modest' they wouldn't have appeared on that bog roll :whistle:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Out of curiosity, are all the facilities needed by these visitors open - I'm thinking car parks and toilets - both of which have fairly obvious social distancing problems?

Or are most of the 'visitors' just people who live in Brighton who have taken a stroll down to the beach?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pretty much. Plus outside the immediate satellite areas of Sussex (and possibly a bit of Kent, Hampshire and Surrey) people won't have been to Brighton, their parents seaside resort of choice would have been Bournemouth / Southend / Great Yarmouth etc. Someone who lives in Kenilworth, or Retford, or Worksop is unlikely to have ever been to Brighton or know anyone who has, meaning the press can paint any picture they want and people will swallow it. Much as they used to do with places like Liverpool.

I’ve been trying to think of anyone I know up here who has told me they have never been to Brighton and can’t think of anyone. If anything the reverse is true and it is seen as a big day/weekend out. Perhaps it is you that is believing the stereotypes. Lots of people from around the country love the culture and cafe life Brighton has to offer. Anyway this thread is just a platform for both sides in the perpetual NSC war to make cheap digs at each other so I am out of here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This “silent majority” you talk of continually frustrate the chattering classes in anything that resembles putting a X on a bit of paper in a booth, and it must be extremely irritating.

Maybe the chattering classes would do better by stop chattering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Believe you me, I don't talk of the silent majority. I just recognise that your lot use it as a construct to mobilise one group against another.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You read this thread and you'd think it was on the Holmesdale site. So much bitterness towards Brighton, can't be just be proud our town?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
would you know if the cars you are ticketing are local or otherwise?

and have you seen the fairy out and about? he'll be the one holding the broom upsidedown :lolol:

Second paragraph: What an earth are you talking about?

'Scantily clad women' that made me laugh so much, what is this a football fans forum or mumsnet.com

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh dear are we a bit offended by scantily clad women?

Not sure what evidence I provided of that. My simple point is that the photographer(s) seem to have an emphasis on it. But you knew that was my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here