Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did the boos happen and/or who was targeted?

What was the booing all about?

• Booing individual player(s)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Booing the team as a whole

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Booing Graham Potter

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Booing out of frustration

Votes: 234 87.6%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A handful booed. Meh.

We should obviously all learn from Arsenal's fantastic support, as they have been fully behind their team from the start. Anyone who watches AFTV can see how measured and sensible proper football fans can be. And before you say they were booing their manager after a third straight game without a win having won two trophies in his opening 6 months is obviously lying.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Right so we've now ruled out "being in an inflated league position despite not winning for over two months" and "involved in a Premier League relegation battle and not winning games against the really shite teams in the league" as two of the occasions when we're not allowed to complain. I refer you to the question I asked previously, at what point would complaining then be permitted? After relegation? Mid-table Championship? League 1?
My point was have a bit of faith in the club.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Funny how nobody on here has admitted to booing? Someone must of?

One did on another thread, but that person is hardly a fan. Well, not a BHA fan ..

With no 'moron' option, I put other as the reason for booing. TBH, I imagine most had no idea why they were doing it and the tribal instinct cut in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how nobody on here has admitted to booing? Someone must of?

And I bet everyone's driving was impeccable, as well. :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't boo but would have booed Potter if I'd have known he was going to act like such a child about it.

Why would you opt to antagonize our manager? Weird :shrug:

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Quite a bit of heated discussion about this today in various quarters.

My take: I didn't boo and I don't condone the booing, but I did expect it.

I don't think people were booing Graham Potter. I don't think they were booing individual players. I don't even think they were booing the team, as a whole, for not winning. I think it was more a collective expression of frustration that, once again, we failed to beat a pretty ordinary side that we'd largely dominated.

What's your take? If you could pick one reason for the booing, what would it be?

Plenty of people booing in the North Stand (not my cup of tea personally), largely I would surmise as a result of them being fed up with us (still) not having a premier league quality striker to convert chances to goals. If we had Watkins, Edouard or similar, we’d have been celebrating plenty of goals by now. Frustrating.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was next to a few teenagers who clearly weren’t fans, complaining that there were no goals. They were booing at the end, idiots!
It’s a shame but that’s what you get from being successful. I even heard it at Stamford Bridge when the game ended a draw.
If people just want thrills and spills why don’t they go to a circus?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If we had Watkins, Edouard or similar, we’d have been celebrating plenty of goals by now. Frustrating.

The same Watkins who has scored fewer goals than Maupay this season and the Edouard who has already been dropped at Palace? Or different ones?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was next to a few teenagers who clearly weren’t fans, complaining that there were no goals. They were booing at the end, idiots!
It’s a shame but that’s what you get from being successful. I even heard it at Stamford Bridge when the game ended a draw.

The three little spotty breaky-voicy teenagers behind me were screaming at one of our players for not "getting into 'im" literally 15 seconds into the match. They didn't boo at the end because they left before me (like they always do) and I left at 82 minutes (for personal reasons) :shrug: ???

The human world is a very heterogenous soup.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
A tiny percentage booed out of frustration, obviously.

Mountain out of a molehill imo that would have barely registered with anyone had GP not slated the fans as a collective for the actions of a handful (I didn't boo)

He was asked about it directly wasn’t he? I don’t really get the outrage from us tbh. Least he’s honest and says how he feels about it.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

Yes I heard it clearly at the end of the Chelsea/Man Utd game. Maybe we’ve started a #trend.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
9 games without a win.
Only one home league win this season, despite facing three of the bottom 6.
6 goals in 7 homes games, with three coming from the penalty spot.
Inability to beat three of the bottom 4 teams.

I don't know if the counts as 'frustration' or 'other'
Sure I've seen us beat Watford and Leicester at home this season, might be mistaken of course

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here