Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did the boos happen and/or who was targeted?

What was the booing all about?

• Booing individual player(s)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Booing the team as a whole

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Booing Graham Potter

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Booing out of frustration

Votes: 234 87.6%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Clearly frustration. The way some people are talking you'd think someone had sacrificed a goat in front of Potter. I'm not sure I've ever booed our own in 38 years watching this mob but football is a pantomime and a bit of booing won't help but it really isn't the end of the world. The frustration for me isn't that we should be beating Villa, Newcastle, Leeds and so on but that we have clearly played as well or better than them and have done the hard work but for whatever reason none of our players (and I'm looking equally at Barndoor Bissouma as Maupay) can score. I almost prefer it when we are rubbish and punching above our weight - I'm a Brighton fan, I NEVER expect us to win!!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I didn't boo but was extremely frustrated.

People have the right to boo , it's not always directed at anyone ,

I think Potter has got off very lightly over the last few seasons , mainly because the stadium has been empty . If he has thin skin then eventually he will walk away and join another club. But he cannot be above criticism (ie Locadia substitution , formation , results etc)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely sure, like most, it was out of frustration.

I posted a few times last season that enduring that level of frustration when you're sober and watching on telly is a totally different thing to being in a full crowd with a couple of beers in you.

As unjustified as any booing was I do think Potter needs to grow a thick skin because the next one of those we go through will again be in front of a packed North Stand and not half a dozen journalists.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
A culmination of over 10 years at the Amex where consistently putting the ball in the net seems to be a huge problem. I didn't boo and I certainly don't condone it - but that lingering frustration is a continual sore. The half-term low key muted applause as the team went off down the tunnel - after an exhilarating display of quality football - was a portent of what was to come on 90 mins with a 0-0 scoreline I guess.

I'm surprised that GP had 'a go' - with his expert knowledge and education in man management. No right minded Albion fan was having a go at either GP, the team or an individual.

Neither were those fans having a go at the Board - it was just venting the utter frustration of knowing how damn good we are, but that we can't put the ball in the net.

UTA always and forever.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm in East Upper and I thought a few people just groaned on the final whistle.
I voted frustration but if GP hadn't mentioned it it would have been forgotten by now.
The narrative now is we fans should remember where we have come from.
Shame really.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I didn't boo but was extremely frustrated.

People have the right to boo , it's not always directed at anyone ,

I think Potter has got off very lightly over the last few seasons , mainly because the stadium has been empty . If he has thin skin then eventually he will walk away and join another club. But he cannot be above criticism (ie Locadia substitution , formation , results etc)

Of course GP is not above criticism but booing is not criticism particularly as no one knows why it's happening.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What's the matter with people.
You don't boo out of frustration you say something like FFS (like I did) or you kick the cat (or the wife if you are a Leeds fan) throw your slippers at the TV but you don't stand their and boo out of frustration.
IF you did then that is easily taken as booing the players, manager and performance.
I'm with Potter, he sees all the players and staff giving 100% all week and on the pitch and then get booed off, it was a very good performance and Potter is all about the performance.
Booing because it was cold????
I have heard it all now.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I tell you what fans didn't boo, and that's our position in the league table and historicial context. Dur!

Whatever the specific reason, fans booed what was in front of them. The outcome at the end of the match. Yet another disappointing home result. There have been dozens in the past season or three - many without fans, of course.

Potter is always telling us that there are no easy games in Premier League football. Well that was (close)! Leeds were woeful in every department.

Of course, you can argue that Albion made them look woeful. But, come on, a 0-0 draw at home (on the back of a long line of disappointing results) against a terrible, out-of-form team with key players missing was not a "fantastic performance" Mr Potter! *cringe*

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The way some people are talking you'd think someone had sacrificed a goat in front of Potter.

Maybe we should try this to turn our form around? We’ve tried basically everything else.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What is it, one goal in the last 7 in open play? Complete frustration, but we were still 8th at the final whistle

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not giving [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] the 'get well soon' boost he deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here